Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Damn, there’s me thinking that yet another sponsorship and / or FFP scam had surfaced at City and I’m confronted by mountains of posts on full backs.

Has each full back received a post of their own yet? Just to make them feel special after years of neglect.

@Sweeting, James McAtee signed a new contract with City until 2026.

tbf, all 7 goals were penalties

Zinchenko was more of a #10 before playing LB at City. These days he plays in central midfield for Ukraine. City had some expensive full backs, some successful ones, some flops, but we cannot deny Pep’s creativity with these players and individual successes. If Zinchenko doesn’t do that or doesn’t do it well enough, his career at the top level probably doesn’t exist then. Interesting when you look back at how many positions Milner played already for City (before Pep of course). Might have done the same as Klopp did in 16/17 (credit to Millie for accepting it for one season), if he had Millie for a while when he took over at City.

4 months packed with games coming up. We have to put in everything we have. Focus on ourselves. Not complaining too much about fixtures and decisions.

In terms of the title race it would be huge if they drop points before we do again.

We have the better Squad and are mentally stronger.

Return of Harvey and Thiago → boost
Return of our african players → boost
Arrival of Diaz → boost

They will try to copy what they’ve been doing all season. Don’t think Pep is able to give them extra motivation.

I’d also say City are more vulnerable when they have injuries to certain players.

We have to get into their heads. Would love it if we play them in the FA Cup or CL. Games against us will cost them so much energy.

1 Like

I keep seeing adverts for City v Brentford tickets on my mobile phone games. Is this normal for clubs to do or is this just City because they have no fans?

1 Like

Often hear of them selling tickets for matches on radio, but for a while it was similar to Chelsea when Roman forst rocked up and they had no clue about Champions League games midweek.

3 Likes

Apparently they regularly sell them at the Two Universities.

1 Like

Dropped by Pep.

2 Likes

Agent Canos to score a brace for Brentford tonight. Still 0-0. If it’s 1-0 to Brentford on 60 minutes, they’ll have a 50:50 chance…

1 Like

Seems like he is a double agent. Fucker.

1 Like

Id read the coverage of the subsequent press conference where Pep played it down, and the video really does tell a different story. I dont know there is a right way to handle a situation like this, as its not always the right thing to publicly call him out, but there comes a point where covering up unprofessional behavior and trying to shield players from the media fall out from it is not doing them any good.

2 Likes

grealish on. just once, I’d like to hear the north american “overrated” chant en masse

Young lad with far too much money, doing what other young lads do. But he’s a high profile footballer and it’s not a good look. If he continues down that road, he’ll end up like Gazza.

2 Likes

1 Like

Won is one way to put it…

3 Likes

Mmmmm tom daley esque…

2 Likes

You know when City scores the first goal the game is almost done for most teams.

Hate the fact that it was a pen (a clean one) and that it was close to halftime.

Brentford (had some important players missing) gave them a good fight until then.

City’s last 5 league results were 1-0 2-1 1-0 1-1 and 2-0 tonight.

It’s not like they are scoring +3 goals in every game these days.

With two games in hand we have still scored one goal more than them and might soon have the better goal difference (-4 atm).

2 Likes

In that picture, Sterling’s fake agony, looks like he’s laughing to me.

3 Likes

In that picture Sterling just looks like a cunt to me

2 Likes