Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

What I hate, I mean what I really hate, is the way the media ignores the gross financial cheating that these characters have perpetrated over the last decade. Pundits bang on about the ‘great football’ that they play and the ‘galaxy of stars’ that they have and ignore or don’t bother to address the main issue behind their so-called success: They are cheats, plain and simple. Look, everybody knows it, so why the silence?

11 Likes

13-point gap with same number of games played, only Chelsea fans think they have the remotest of chances to catch City up. If we’re on it tomorrow night we can still do this title thing.

4 Likes

So many things working in their favor this season and I don’t even want to talk about ref decisions.

Crashed out the LC early. Had an easy festive fixture run. No injuries. No Covid. Easy FA Cup and CL opponents.

City needs to be tested. Like Brentford did in December and tonight at least in the first half. Or like Southampton did.

Unfortunately there are not many teams left that can really test them - us and maybe Villa.

They also have to be tested mentally. That’s why I was hoping we would play them in the FA Cup (it can still happen) and I am hoping we will play them in the CL.

For us it’s important now to win every game until they somehow drop points again.

4 Likes

Since when is crashing out of a competition a plus for a team? They won leagues by winning cups (and generally going far in all competitions) a few times already.

Crystal Palace.

They crashed out of the LC in October which means they had 3 (soon to be 4) games lesser than us and had a better preparation for League games.

We crashed out of cups early in a number of seasons…

… and we
reached the EL final
almost won the league
reached a CL final
won the CL
won the PL

I am 100% sure that City would not have 60 points if they would be with us in the League Cup final.

And by the way - we dropped points in the league after 3 League Cup games this season.

City’s domestic seasons under Pep:

16/17: 3rd in the league, FA Cup SF, League Cup 4th round
17/18: 1st in the league, FA Cup 5th round, League Cup winners
18/19: 1st in the league, FA Cup winners, League Cup winners
19/20: 2nd in the league, FA Cup SF, League Cup winners
20/21: 1st in the league, FA Cup SF, League Cup winners

I don’t see how crashing out early from the LC was a favour to them, it’s below their high standard.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything weird with their league season so far. To win a league, yeah, you do need to be good (mostly) and you also need a few things to click. Like we earned it and it also clicked for us in 19/20.

Seems like one week it’s a problem that we have played more games and have a congested fixture list, and then the next week when we haven’t played three times in a week it’s a problem because we are apparently conditioned to play that many games and can’t function when we have a gap in between.

So which one is it?

4 Likes

Players need rest and they must play every game without rotation.

I’m in the play till you drop camp.

Because they’re not paid to do that like indendent journalists are. They’re mouthpieces of their broadcasters who has no desire to damage the brand they’ve spent millions upon millions to get the rights to. They know it, fuck it, everyone knows it but it’s not in their interest to say or do anything about it. It’s fucking sick but there you go.

More damning, in my opinion, is how some on here do that with doe eyed approval. No sane football fan outside of City and the other oil clubs should be giving them any approval at all regardless of the how well they play, how well they’re coached or how brilliantly they’re managed. The justification about just admiring the football is a poor one.

3 Likes

Agreed. It would help if we engaged a firm(s) to incentivise this to be spread around the media. Would also like another effort to infiltrate citeh books and leak stuff - ideally damning and true -but unfortunately when dealing with these cunts anything goes.

2 Likes

The answer to your question is in your post.

Money…at all levels.

Upset the apple cart and that tap might get turned off.

2 Likes

Us saying it on here is one thing

What exactly do you expect? The BBC to come out with this stuff on the daily.

It’s an enemy with unlimited resources who will have them sued left right and centre.

Especially when uefa couldn’t even bring them to task

1 Like

In your early 20s, can get away with doing unhealthy things and play the next day. Was Villa’s best player and so they would at times overlook such things. Part of the learning curve. But is he learning?

In your late 20s, it will all catch up. He has a big money move to Shitty, and should be giving his all for the next 4 or 5 years in his prime.

Pep already publicly called him (and Foden) out in December, and just a few weeks later, Jack the lad is in the papers again. He ain’t a kid anymore.

3 Likes

Yes but we (or any other Englsh club for that matter) didn’t and still don’t have a squad that could field two Premier League teams without a significant quality drop if either featured.

That’s what financial doping on an industrial scale gets you.

3 Likes

They have Norwich next so the gap will be back to 12 points. Can’t see us making that up, even if we have games in hand. It’s too much of a lead.

Hope they drop points in one of the next 3 or 4 games and we win ours.

With around 10 games to go it would really look like a title race.

1 Like