Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I simply have no desire giving them any attention whatsoever. I seriously don’t care about them at all, such is my level of distain for them as an entity.

4 Likes

And they were playing Norwich FFS! Not Liverpool.

1 Like

Still shows how they have made a complete mockery of the game.

Being sponsored by companies without a single staff member was the last straw for me.

3 Likes

And they end up losing both

2 Likes

I think guardiola is a fine manager. But he cant come close to doing what klopp has done with dortmund and liverpool.

I suspect the truth eats him up inside , he wont be rated as high as klopp because he relies on managing the richest team in the league and the unlimited cash.

3 Likes

You can get the rodgers vs stevie example as well at a much lesser level (w.r.t the standard of the scottish league)

Rodgers and his accompolishments at Celtic wont get the same value as stevie winning with rangers.

1 Like
9 Likes

Trent Alexander-Arnold: “We don’t feel disappointed that we haven’t got enough trophies. I’m not making any digs, but you look at Man City’s amazing team, they haven’t been able to lift the Champions League. There’s an expectation now. One trophy a season, minimum.”

4 Likes

I love that quote but I hope it doesn’t come back to bite him!

1 Like

Those quotes are always slightly different than they sounded live. Funny how journalists (or fans) can play with them simply by copy/pasting. The question was if Liverpool players feel they should’ve won more so far. Trent said it was only partly true. That we already won some top stuff, some things other haven’t (obviously City the CL). It’s difficult to separate, I mean, they have 0 CL’s, but also have 3 league titles in that last years period.

1 Like

The fact that he needs to defend the success they’ve had on every chance he gets just reveals how insecure they feel over there.

They know they’ll never get the same acknowledgment as other historic sides. They know that they are plastic and it cuts them deep.

6 Likes

I’m getting ahead of myself here as neither team has qualified to the next round, though City look on the way, but I desperately want to face City next round in the CL.

Football like everything in life has its own set of risks and rewards. The risk with having to face City next round is that we could potentially get knocked out by the second best team in the comp.

The rewards IMO are far greater. There’s no point relying on other teams knocking city out of the CL because honestly, most teams crumble against them. We would IMO do the job and knock them out of the only comp they care about. On top of that it’s a brilliant time to put some early mental pressure on them in the league and remind them they aren’t the best team in England. Far from it in fact.

5 Likes

Nope, I can’t be arsed with them. They’re irrelevant. What I want to see us against is teams we don’t see often at all.

It’s not like City would definitely make it that far anyway, they’ve literally made the finals once. Just once.

1 Like

My point was less around knocking them out of the CL but more about building the pressure in the league. I prefer us not being a passive participant in the league, waiting and hoping that they slip up. Yes they are two separate comps but you can’t tell me being eliminated from their most important comp by the team right on their tails won’t give them the yips.

Plus if you like seeing other teams in the comp, knocking them out opens up that spot for another team in the Semis that otherwise wouldn’t make it.

2 Likes

Agree with @JU97ICE and I said this a few times already. Want to face them in the CL and want to face them in the FA Cup.

It’s been too easy for them the whole season.

Maybe playing against us a few times will disrupt the run they are on.

2 Likes

I didn’t realise the quarters aren’t until April, which is when we play them next. For me, back to back to back games in the league and CL would be delicious though some here might find that a tad boring.

2 Likes

i’d rather UEFA grow a set of balls, and knock them out of all European Competition, for been a bunch of cheating C#@ts.

5 Likes

If we are given the choice, I’d be happy with the refs subtly screwing them like when they were knocked out by Spurs all those years ago. To know that they are getting a taste of their own medicine.

6 Likes

5-0 up away in the Champions League with McAtee, Kayky, Lavia, Mbete and Slicker on the bench.

Guardiola brings on Ake, Fernandinho, Gundogan and Zinchenko before finally bring on Delap for the final 4 minutes.

Pointless being a youth player at City. Guardiola has no trust in young players.

2 Likes

Cheats. Freaking cheats. And yet we still have to deal with this garbage. All UEFA are good for is spewing out administrive red tape ad nauseam.

I have Everton friends who are totally okay with man cheaty’s rise and rise, inspite of the clear financial shenanigans they perpitrate, just as long as their main focus (us) are denied success. I suspect that this is an attitude shared by fans of ALL the other Premiership clubs, given the appalling chants Liverpool, as a city, has to suffer during any given LFC game.

I’m trying to think of an adjective to suit my combined frustration and disgust. Any suggestions are welcome.

4 Likes