Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Mahrez on 21 goals, what a season he’s having.

1 Like

Bit confused with this, they have West Ham, Villa, Wolves and the resurgent Newcastle.

Or are you saying we lose all 4 of those games so Man City have to slip up?

To me nothing changed this weekend bar GD, it’s the same as it was last weekend. The maths are generally the same as well. City’s away games will be the tougher ones, I don’t expect slip ups at the Ethiad or away to be fair, however I said this before, in that season they pipped us they would get the win usually by 1 or 2 goals, it was built into them to force that. Big score lines for them have issues it’s how it was in the season when we won, they would smash some team 4-0 and then lose or draw the week after.

They did it just before Spurs. Do I expect them to slip up? Not really but if a team defends well enough it will cause issues. Man Utd can’t defend to save their lives but Spurs pretty much gifted them their two goals.

For us it’s just winning every game and taking advantage of those games we’re we can hit 3-4 goals.

2 Likes

After the game at the Etihad they have

Wolves away
Watford home
Leeds away
Newcastle home
West Ham away
Villa home

And we have

Villa away
ManU home
Everton home
Newcastle away
Spurs home
Southampton away
Wolves home

For me they have the much easier run and as bad as Everton, United and Spurs have been against us they will be up for it + EVERY team plays better against us than they play against City.

2 Likes

still needs to rely on financial doping and corrupt referees

The only game I can see them potentially drop points in is the game v us.

We have to be 100% perfect. It’s a big ask.

I’d say that West Ham away is tricky but Europa would’ve kicked in again and they have a tiny squad.

1 Like

If we win at the Ethihad

And we win the game in hand then we are level on points.

If we match each other for points in the remaining five games the PL is decided on goal difference.
That mskes Uniteds capitulation yesterday a bit dissapointing.

Another way of looking at it is that we still get to play United to boost our own goal difference…

7 Likes

Those cunts will play out of their skin against us!

I turned it on at 50 minutes. Really wasn’t interested in watching it entirely, but in the 30 seconds that I watched, Pogba was standing still arguing with a United forward on the other side of the pitch ( because Pogba misplaced a pass) as City were passing it directly past Pogba.

It’s got to be tough being a United fan watching such unprofessionalism. Given how most have serious attitude problems, they are possibly the worst assembled team I’ve seen.

I look at this slightly differently. The insecure bald one is still shitting bricks after financial doping and some helpful refereeing and it’s only got him a 6 point lead having played an extra game.

We’re able to live with them despite them cooking the books etc. Well done to all LFC peeps

10 Likes

Really?

6 points behind with 1 game in hand and still have to play the cheating bastards. Win those 2 and we are top of the league and with our form I don’t see us dropping more points than them

like when they lost 5-0 at home with several thousand of their fans leaving before halftime?

1 Like

Thats head in the sand stuff.
Its a different game and they won’t do us any favours.

2 Likes

How so?

We went to their place 4 months ago and spent 45 minutes treating it as a training session as we were that dominant. And in the following few months they have if anything gotten worse.

2 Likes

Ok.
I am nervy about taking beating them or anyone else for granted.
Not arguing about it.

1 Like
10 Likes

I agree GermanRed.

We are probably going to have to win ALL our remaining games to win the title. And with GD, you’d have to expect Citeh to have a couple of 4-0, 5-0 in there so it will be a huge ask. At this point we shouldn’t look beyond the Etihad game - win everything including that and maybe Citeh will shit the bed somewhere. However, even though the table only says 3 points if we win our game in hand, I’d only give us about a pessimistic 10% chance of winning the league today based on my resignation that Citeh won’t face too many tough opponents in their remaining games. I hope that I’m feeling like a pessimistic twat very shortly…

1 Like

For me our game against them could be the pivotal moment. If we beat them, and that will be no small feat away from home, they may get a little nervous and uptight and drop some points elsewhere.

That’s all we can do, pressurize them as best we can. We certainly cant afford a slip up before playing them

4 Likes

9 probably 10 wins out of 11 sounds an awful lot but if one team in this league can do it than it would be us.

1 Like

I don’t see the odds as massively against us, just slightly. I haven’t looked it up, but I would imagine the bookies would concur.

We have a path to the title… win all our games.

We have a harder group of games remaining, and we have to win at their place to draw level on points, assuming we both keep winning until then.

It is all doable, but I would imagine they are favorites.

1 Like