Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I’m not longing for the Dave Watson days.

4 Likes

Glad these twats dropped points.

The title challenge is on

3 Likes

Pep said 'the grass was not perfect‘

What about the coke?

2 Likes

Could not score against Palace in both games.

1 Like

‘The coke in Croydon is always of the best quality’

I mentioned it in the PL thread, but if I was a city fan I would not like the vibe the players and Pep are giving off. I described it as a petulant performance. It wasn’t one where they felt if they just kept going they would get their goal. Instead it looked like they felt if they bitched enough at each other, at the opposition players for daring to compete, or the refs for not giving them everything, then eventually they’ve be given a goal. Even after the game they were complaining to the ref, Pep being a shit bag to their goalie, all with no obvious reason for their complaints.

Even after this result, it is still in their hands to win the title - if they couple 7 wins with avoiding defeat to us gives then there is nothing we can do. That is the sort of run they can pull off in their sleep yet they are looking they think it’s a huge ask. I got to say, I dont fancy Pep being the one to calm them down.

If we win this game on wednesday that 1 point gap will be sitting over city for weeks. We then kick off the return after FA cup and the international breaks with the early saturday kick off agfainst Watford. That game is now enormous. Win that and we go top, albeit with City then having a game in hand. Still though, with this sort of response from City I think that would be a huge psychological blow.

10 Likes

Bad grass takes the edge off good coke,

2 Likes

Much will come down the CL draw (given it sandwiches our game with City).

We/they could get a good draw (Ajax, Benfica or United)
Or
We/they could get a bad draw (Bayern, Real Madrid, …each other.)

Would not best against us playing each other 3 times in 7 days. :neutral_face:

How each club priortises each trophy will be interesting.

7 Likes

It’s about time we get a easier opponent in the UCL. We got the group of death and while we won all the 6 games there, We still had to face tough opponents. Inter Milan wasn’t a walk in the park either.

Makes me think that we need a team like Benfica / Villareal / Man Utd whereas City get Bayern / Chelsea / Real just to even things out.

6 Likes

What was that about? Rodri could have had 5 yellow cards for cynical fouls. No idea how he gets away with it.

It must be the stench of human rights abuse that makes all their players turn into pricks. I quite liked Grealish at Villa but he’s just become another one of them

5 Likes

Tbf some won’t agree but we have a stronger, deeper squad than them. I would bet on us coping better in multiple comps over city.

But it’s still going to be a very tough ask for us. Yes the mathematics is very simple in that if we win all our remaining games, we win the title. But we also play 4 of the 5 teams vying for 4th place. One of them is against our enemies United. Then we have the admittedly struggling bitters who will want to take chunks out of us, and what will probably be a nervy trip to the coast against Soton who always seem to have a goal in them at home (though we have a good recent record). This isn’t even including the game I fear which is Sandcastle at home.

City’s most tricky game apart from us will surely be WHU away. I really believe WHU will mess them up.

I think it’s going to be very tense. And very exciting. We all probably need to relax as much as we can. It’s not going to be easy. But our players will surely try their best to finish the season strongly.

4 Likes

You can count on Stevie to give them a tough fight when they face Villa as well, As I said, It’s good for us that the City Brighton game has been postponed (Brighton are in a horrible run of form) and hopefully Potter gets them back to some wins etc by the time they line up to face City. City have got Wolves to face as well and Wolves have a good defensive record.

They do have an easier run to the title but doesn’t mean that there aren’t tough battles there for them either. West Ham / Villa / Wolves…Those are three games I expect City to lose some points.

Where do I buy that table?

In your head
In your head
Bernardo
Bernardo
Bernardo
Who’s in your head
In your head
Bernardo
Bernardo
Bernardo

4 Likes

It’s the same old shite
City just lack the fight
In the league
In the league
We’re still fighting
We’ve got Mo
Sadio
Diogo
And Hendo
In the league
In the league
We’re still fighting
Who’s in your head
In your head
Bernardo
Bernardo
Bernardo o o o

5 Likes

Very good.

2 Likes

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60745687

Rent free

1 Like

A few short weeks ago we had no chance. And now it has all changed. The reds are marching up the hill. Be afraid, City. Be very afraid.

4 Likes

They are shitting broken glass.

6 Likes

If we beat Arsenal tomorrow I will pray even more that we’ll get them in the CL draw on Friday.

Psychologically we are already in their heads - proven yesterday.

The draw alone will give them the rest.

We will beat them over two legs and even if we just get a draw in the league game - the three intense games will make sure that they drop points again in the remaining 6 games.

4 Likes