Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Just getting you back in the pedantry stakes. :wink:

1 Like

Came across an actual list;

Manchester City ā€“ Ā£428.1million on 11 signings

Oleksandr Zinchenko (Ā£1.7m)
John Stones (Ā£50m)
Danilo (Ā£27m)
Kyle Walker (Ā£47.4m)
Benjamin Mendy (Ā£51.75m)
Aymeric Laporte (Ā£58.5m)
Philippe Sandler (Ā£2.25m)
Angelino (Ā£10.8m)
Pedro Porro (Ā£10.8m)
Joao Cancelo (Ā£58.5m)
Yan Couto (Ā£5.4m)
Nathan Ake (Ā£40m)
Ruben Dias (Ā£64m)

Makes their nick name a bit longer than you suggested.

Think we just call them the collective gooch. They sit in front of an arsehole, and behind balls and a helmet.

9 Likes

Paraphrasing the guy somewhat but Benfica Presidentā€™s parting words to Diasā€¦
Youā€™re leaving a big club to go to a rich club.
Nice.

16 Likes

13 Likes

Some of these figures are so absurd in terms of the player involved. I seriously doubt they are purely sporting transactions. Walker is just for reference.

2 Likes

One or two missing off that list if you look at Transfermarkt.

End of loans and small fees but I do find the actual numbers of defenders that they have interesting

Except Laporte who i think is probably the best defender in the league after VVD and Matip , Rest all are crap. Look at Chelski not exercising their right to match option on Nathan Ake because they know heā€™s been fucked over totally.

Obv not referring to Dias.

Which leads me to think itā€™s a problem with coaching and not scouting , Even look at Manchester United, I was fearful that Lindelof would make an immediate impact for them, But heā€™s infact regressed with Ole at the wheel.

Same case for quite a lot of the man city defenders, Laporte being the only exception.

1 Like

The amount that Citeh splunk on their defense, Youā€™d expect them to be getting finished products , but maybe itā€™s just Pep being so rigid and inflexible in his methods that heā€™s not able to see that his coaching and football philosophy style is hurting his defenseā€¦

1 Like

I think itā€™s heading more towards a Lucky Dip.

He cant find what he wants so he keeps throwing more money at the vendor and keeps pulling out defenders. Looks them over, isnā€™t happy so he goes back for another go.

1 Like

Dickheads on Blueloon ramping up the PED rhetoric.

Pep, how many times did you test positive for Nandrolene while you were a player?

11 Likes

How do we know they didnā€™t exercise their matching clause option?

1 Like

Shows that he cant coach defenders doesnā€™t it. He exactly didnt coach the Barca defense which was handed to himā€¦Neither did he coach the Bayern guysā€¦ With Citeh, He had Kompany given to himā€¦

2 Likes

If there was one team who have suspicious injuries clearing up quicker than would be expected that would be Man City.

3 Likes

Would surprise me if the didā€¦ Even with their defensive fiascos

But seriously, did they?

Lazarus is being looked at as a CB option.

1 Like

You can sing ā€˜Joleneā€™ along to that Pep gif in your head and it becomes an insane bald Dolly Parton.

1 Like

I donā€™t know! Iā€™m just making the point that just because they didnā€™t sign him that doesnā€™t mean that they didnā€™t exercise their matching option.

2 Likes

Itā€™s all kinds of shit though. Imagine Chelsea and Citeh being engaged in a bidding war for Nathan Ake of all people.

Not that I wouldnā€™t have Ake if he came as a 4th or a 5th choice CB and on a reasonable transfer fee, 40M for Ake from a club just waiting to get rid of him cause of relegation ā€¦ and his very dodgy performances after his injury is plain madness.

1 Like