Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I’d be all for banning plastics I am for their reduction but especially with that tie.

1 Like

I’d love to draw them in the CL quarters and the FA cup semis. We’ll beat them in all 4, imagine what would become of Pep then?

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

4 Likes

Coke dealers would rejoice

5 Likes

Really don’t get the desire for that at all.

5 Likes

According to German media it’s almost certain that he will sign for them.

2 Likes

Hope he flops like werner

5 Likes

He wouldn’t have to, given his fitness record.

1 Like

It says a lot about what motivates him, if he signs for the club who offers to pay him the most money. Tainted money at that.

3 Likes

Neither do I. We play them enough times already, and they’ll bottle it on their own anyway.

3 Likes

Despite the boys wee social media protestations… It was always about the money…

1 Like

His dad played for them, so there is a family link there. It may not just be about the money but obviously that will have been something his camp had been looking for.

1 pep 1 jam jar?

I think it says something about what athletes, and celebrities in general (see cases of musicians going to gulf states to play birthday parties etc) are willing to turn a blind eye to in the interest of getting paid, but surely a lad cannot be criticized for making moves for non-sporting reasons for moving to city. They are an objectionable, joyless club, but they win shit and give him a great chance at winning the sports greatest accolades.

3 Likes

The days when you could accuse players of going to City just for the money are long gone, sadly. I think he will end up there. It’s so obvious they need an out and out goalscorer. It probably appeals to Guardiola to be seen to be winning without having one, cementing his reputation as a football genius in the process, but the evidence is now overwhelming.

Money, trophies, family connection, a clear opening in the side… all four are on offer at Man City.

How Man City got to where they are today would have been a fleeting thought for Haaland, or no thought at all.

It is up to the relevant authorities to check them, and so far they have not. Or at least, adequately. I am well aware of the FFP attempt and the CAS failure. So they sail on and everyone marvels at them (not us, obviously).

Ideally Pep should start to get some Eddie Howe type questions and be asked about the war in Yemen, or other human rights questions. And if and when Haaland signs, a persistent line of questioning about the finances would be appropriate. How did you afford that? Why does 90% of your commercial revenue come from one country? How are companies with no employees and no discernible business able to sponsor you for millions? Etc.

I won’t hold my breath.

5 Likes

Shark Tank Writing GIF

Once we win the league this year, I hope City throw a blank cheque to buy Haaland in the summer and still fail to win the CL. That should be the end of Pep and I don’t think there are many managers who will make them dominant domestically like they are now.
A couple of underwhelming seasons under a new manager and they should be done for good. In fact I am waiting for the day they are forced to sign Dunne or Goater as their manager, just like United got Ole, to bring back the City way of doing things right (just because no one else wanted to manage them).

It’s easy to look at Monday and say if they had a pure goal scorer they’d have won, but for every positive you create for your team there is a disadvantage. City’s entire approach to the game is evidence of that - what they lose in clinical finishing by going without a recognized striker they gain in their ability to control the game and create quality chances with an additional player maker. Yes it will superficially look like strengthening a weakness, but it will alter a fundamental characteristic of what this side is built on.

Im sure it will be a net positive for them when Haaland is on the pitch, but they should also consider the Thiago effect…how much does the effort put into transitioning to accommodating a player who does things no one else can do hurt them when said player is unavailable?

2 Likes

Providing they actually have a manager capable of winning them, rather than doing a shitload of coke and then choking in more and more spectacular ways :wink:

If we do somehow go on to win every honour this season… surely Fraudiola should hand in his resignation

4 Likes