Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I doubt it. People overhere are manly interested in their own competition. The PL is not on open air and we do have a match of the day but it is for the Dutch competition. So you have to invest to watch PL football and most of them do’t do that.

Most of the supporters think it is unfair that the PL has so much money due to rich owners and TV money, FFP is a joke but they especially hate plastic clubs like Chelsea, City and now Newcastle.

The supporters of NAC simply don’t want to be another toy from the CG.

8 Likes
3 Likes

I’m hoping that this over confident mindset backfires on them royally. Feels like classic pride before a fall:

(Aymeric Laporte labels Man City 'superior in all areas' ahead of vital Liverpool clashes - Liverpool Echo)

Love to hear these kind of interviews. Has me rubbing my hands together in gleeful anticipation of the potential outcomes over the next month.

Fingers crossed it comes back to bite them hard.

How are they going to handle the reality of losing when they so obviously deserved to win because their “nice football” was “superior in all areas”?:relaxed::smirk::kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m rubbing more than just my hands, to be perfectly Frank.

No offense, @Maria

I’ll take Rocky and Daredevil every day:)

1 Like

Will be a very open match next week but I feel that playing at home makes them slightly the favorites to win.

Form speaks for us and they really haven’t been as good as they have been in the past but if I remember correctly our performances against them recently haven’t been as good as the earlier Klopp games against them.

If we are able to beat them it’s very likely that 6 wins and draw in the remaining 7 will be enough to win the title.

2 Likes

Pretty sure as long as they don’t catch our GD, 6 wins and a draw puts us level on points if they win every game so we win regardless. But winning Sunday is the key as then it’s entirely in our own hands.

2 Likes

How does playing in an empty stadium make them favorites?

2 Likes

Pep may well play compact hoping for a draw or hit us on the break to sneak a win next week

• A win next week wins us the title. Pep and his team would not recover from that and 5 wins and two draws might even be enough in the remaining 7.

• With a draw next week nothing less than 7 wins will win us the league. Difficult tbh but who if not us?

2 Likes

That’s only if City finish very strongly but not perfectly. We can lose on Sunday and lose another game as long as City fall to pieces.

Why should they fall into pieces after beating us?

If they win next week it’s pretty much won for them.

But let’s wait until next week.

1 Like

The problem with that thinking is that over the last 3-4 years they just don’t fall to peices.

Except in Europe

2 Likes

And except at Anfield.

Strap in guys this one is gonna be fucking mental.

3 Likes

Smashing them at the emptyhad be even better

2 Likes

It’s happened before. Wasn’t long ago they were 15 points clear.

I must have hallucinated them losing 5 league games in 8 back in 2019-20 then…

1 Like

In 1 season, but look over 3-4 years and you will see that was an anomily, not par for the course, so nothing to suggest they will fall to peices.

3 Likes

Said this in December and the comment was pulverised as GD wasn’t an issue.

It just might be at the end.

1 Like

It will be moot unless we win at Etihad. The whole PL season boils down to this match.

1 Like