Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I think it is, it’s taken 2 months to swing it back sorry it’s how it is.

Buy it or not.

Glad none of the playing of coaching staff will be thinking like this.

4 Likes

It’s more about the playing staff but nethier are tallying up points regardless.

I don’t think there is an expectation from the club regardless as VVD said enjoy the ride. My above is my pragmatic belief.

I pragmatically believed we had zero chance against Barca so I approached it in the same way I approached most our league season. I have a strange feeling we will win it, have done all season. And at 14 points I really couldn’t see it but here we are. If I had a chance to go I’d sing, cheer and get behind them so I’m not sure why you’ve jumped on that comment. Head would say it’s done, heart would believe as it has all season.

At this stage and the way the league has jumped about it probably won’t end up on that game, Crouchy said the same yesterday in fact it will probably be a cagey 0-0.

End of the day, win the final 8 league games we win the title.

Let’s be totally honest I’d rather 11-15 games than many of the alternatives.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree. 4 points to make up in 7 games is probably too much given the games they’ve got left. Maybe Wolves or West Ham will get points off them but I can’t see anyone else doing much. If we win I think we will win the title. The lead will only be 2 points but the wave of belief will carry us if we can win there. A draw is probably the most likely outcome. Suits City as it keeps them ahead and it wouldn’t be a complete disaster for us. Keeps it in the balance probably until the final day. I can’t see many points being dropped by either team after next Sunday.

5 Likes

I think the cup semi final might come into play as does Ath Madrid. We’ve beaten City before in a title decider and then lost the title so nothing is guaranteed.

The way we’ve gone about it is the right way, as I said Man City seem more in our title winning season mode as opposed to the season before. Anyhow it’s Benfica before let’s win that first.

1 Like

Me too Matty. Me too.

4 Likes

Agree with this. I’m still looking at our fixtures and see plenty of banana skins in there. If we lose this, the title just might be out of our grasp, so in that sense, my feeling is a loss decides it in City’s favour.

A draw would be far from great but we would still have a very tiny chance for City to drop points in their remaining games and we ourselves would need to be flawless.

A win for us IMO doesn’t decide the title, but it’s almost a necessary step to reach it, and we’d still need the players and the coaching staff to nail every one of our tricky remaining games (tactics and team selection) knowing that it’s a game every 3 days until the end of the season.

2 Likes

What do you guys make of their quality compared to how strong they were in other title winning seasons and our quality compared to our league and CL winning seasons?

They top the table but for me they are clearly not up there anymore. Defensively vulnerable and they are not scoring for fun anymore. They often need a shot from outside the box by KdB, Mahrez or Foden for their opening goals. I might be wrong but their energy level has dropped. Lost some real quality in Silva, Agüero and Kompany over the years and were not able to replace them. Squad looks kind of thin.

hands up who thouight Man City would drop points away to Palace and Southampton, or get beaten at home against Spurs, in the last couple of months.

10 Likes

:point_up:t4:

When they were 11 and 14 points up I was still very sure that they will drop points when the CL KO stage starts.

Was very optimistic for Saints and Palace but tbh the Spurs loss came out of nowhere for me.

Yeah that was the one for me.

If you can prevent an early goal doubt creeps in it seems.

Lost the amount of times I’ve seen 1-0 after 10 minutes, Spurs ironically showed some vulnerabilities that other teams will try against us. Does seem to depend who they play.

Their squad is good but it doesn’t go that deep and I’m still not sure why he didn’t seem to rest anyone when they were 5-0 against Lisbon.

I think a lot will play on the two games in midweek, we could do with Ath Madrid keeping it tight and kicking the shit out of them :wink:

8 Likes

I definitely thought Palace would do one on them, called it ages ago. Didn’t see Southampton happening but will take it as a bonus. The Spurs one was just pure schadenfreude.

1 Like

I said it in October, and I’ll say it again now, there isn’t really a team that is that dominant. Win, draw, or lose, the title race won’t be over. Both teams are still likely to drop some points between now and the end of the season.

The refereeing is what worries me most the last time we lost the league by one point the refs diddled us at their place

5 Likes

Just the fact that we have so many meaningful matches to play this late in the season is fantastic and should be relished. Even if we lose at the Etihad, we’re still in with a shout if they drop silly points while focusing on the CL.

As others have said, a LOT will depend on what happens Tuesday night. If we win comfortably and they come out of a cagey affair knowing they need to be at their best to progress in the second leg, then I can see Pep making some tough decisions with regards to his squad against us on the weekend.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t arsed about the FA cup semi, either. I want to win that one as well, if only just to keep the ridiculous quad dream alive.

8 Likes

We can absolutely draw and still win 20. A loss though puts us in Barcelona second leg territory. Not dead, just on life support.

6 Likes

Should that be Origi support?

2 Likes

Could be deliberate, winning games 2-0 and keeping something in reserve is probably better practice for them in the CL. I think their fundamental issue is Pep transmits terrible energy to the team in the knockout rounds of the CL and actually sets them up to choke. The bland bald doper.

5 Likes

Me, to be honest. Those 3 sides always give City a tough game.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I said the entire league season would come down to our trip to the Emptihad.

Tried to find the post but it must have got lost in one of the upgrades.

2 Likes