Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I will take a draw against city.

1 Like

Sorry it was a rogue link on the internet but for our game on Sunday it definitely will be those two

Yes it is not enough to take 1 goal lead to Madrid they score one they will go for holding on to penalties

3 Likes

Hopefully it drives Pep to snort too much and he plays KDB in goal

3 Likes

Mmmm we’re gonna have to up our shit from Watford and Benfica ready for these thunder cunts on Sunday.

1 Like

I think we’re better than them and if Mo can rediscover his shooting form, we’ll twat them. That being said, a draw doesn’t kill the title race at all, but the advantage would remain in the City camp for sure.

I still hold out hope of it coming down to the final day, and we twat Wolves as Stevie somehow manages to take points off of City and complete his redemption arc.

8 Likes

You can make the case yesterday for upping your game especially when they scored but that’s the point, we really didn’t need to, we needed those subs as that calmed the game down a fair bit.

It’s a well worn cliche this “oh they’ve got to play better against Man City” but you do what you need to do, nothing particularly worries me about the last two games especially last night as Klopp set out his stall to Attack, the goal came and threw us but again like against Watford it was players eithier being too sloppy or in the case of their two chances Gomez choosing the wrong pass.

As with Brighton they did enough and at the moment the club will need to step up in the coming month, no point in wasting energy at gear 5 when playing at gear 3 is good enough.

3 Likes

This! x 1000 is spot on

4 Likes

No offense, but you don’t win shit with this mentality lad! We go to win.

3 Likes

Actually, I think the evidence leans more towards his point of view. It’s the concept of loss aversion, so if you view it as having something to lose, e.g. as a must-win, then you are more likely to actually not win, as opposed to seeing it as having something to win, e.g. all to play for, a hard but winnable fixture.

Always reminds me of this tbh…

:slight_smile:

You have to go out to win, not looking for a draw or avoid defeat.

2 Likes

Not to mention that on this occasion I think we really do need to win.

7 games left after citeh - I could absolutely see them winning all 7 if they are ahead of us. I think it is also a big ask whether we can win our 7 - Tottenham just after the CL semi final could be tricky for eg. - and I think citeh would feel confident of matching our results if they stay in the lead.

However if we beat them on Saturday then I think the pressure will really tell and Pep does not like chasing so its likely IMO that they will drop more points in the league which will help us balance the PL and CL. If we can beat them on Saturday, Atletico knock them out on Wednesday and then we can turn around and knock the stuffing out of them again at Wembley then they really might fall apart.

4 Likes

It’s what we are all hoping for, but football is a funny thing, and we could be sat here wondering how it all went wrong. Either way, being in this position right now is what we all want - and for me it’s about strapping in and getting behind the reds.

On City, I don’t think I’d mind too much if the 2nd leg goes all the way to pennos, and City scrape through - sapping maximum energy and plonking Chelsea or Real Madrid in front of them. If they go out now, with their easier run in, in the PL, regardless of the result Sunday, we will have a mountain to climb - games against Spurs, Everton, and United will be energy sapping, as well as the Semi final of the CL (assuming we get through Benfica).

3 Likes

Yes, just like many saw them winning all their remaining matches from January onwards?

2 Likes

Just being a realist. I would obviously hope that Liverpool win and make tthem twats whine to kingdom come. But right now, I feel City are vulnerable. They have a tougher group in the UCL and I see them slipping up elsewhere in the league as well.

3 Likes

I think if they beat us it will give them such a boost that they will win the following 7 league games.

I think if we draw, they will breathe a sigh of relief that their hardest game is out of the way, and they kept their noses in front for the easier run in. At that point I expect them to win the following 7 league games.

I think if we win, we get the advantage as our noses will be in front, but we still have the harder run in for the remaining 7 games, and after beating Man City it would be 11 league wins on the bounce, and doing 18 would be the stuff of dreams. Man City might wobble and drop points elsewhere if we beat them.

Bottom line, I think we have to beat them at their place. You never say never, but I think that’s what we need to do.

2 Likes

It’s definitely possible. We need that win at City. Without that I don’t think it’s all over, but they get a big boost.

2 Likes

Obviously, Man City are huge favourites but I tend to look at the reasons why quite simplistically and narrow it down to two things: Salah being completely out of sorts and fatigued, and Foden being bang in form and rested for that match. Their side is brimming with quality, they might have players who are better than Foden (like Silva, De Bruyne, Cancelo) but I think that there are players who always tend to do particularly well against certain clubs (like Henry, Drogba and Hazard used to do well against us) - I think that Foden is the next nemesis of our team and that he might score and assist more goals against us throughout his career than either Henry or Drogba.

Marko Ramius thinks you all need to grow a pair.

He took on the Soviet Navy and walked away like a boss.

4 Likes

Can’t be sure about the Soviet Navy, but the Russian Army has been proven to be shit. manure. turd.