Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Personally think it’s a bad result. They were up by 2, 3 times? They should really have been up by 3-4 before RM scored, and then should have restored that margin several more times. It’s a win, yet the defending and finishing was shit, they will be drained vs Leeds, and if the Leeds from Sunday show up, at Elland road, then there will be fireworks. They have a few injured pre game, and stones injured in game, maybe not all long term but that just adds extra pressure. I am hoping we put in a strong game tomorrow so the return match is more comfortable, then beat Newcastle, go top again, and watch them squirm vs Leeds. I’m expecting @PeachesEnRegalia to have his pants down.

10 Likes

Man City should have won by more, so I will take the result. Real Madrid still well in this.

Hopefully City will be flat against Leeds, and a better organized Leeds team will give it a real go.

Ideal scenario Leeds win and Real Madrid advance to final. Fingers crossed!

6 Likes

The days of good and bad results in the Champions League is gone. A win is just a win now. Without away goals there just isn’t such thing as a bad win or a good defeat.

It’s a real shame, they removed the only thing unique about Champions League football because some clubs - and the media that cover them - got upset at being knocked out by it cough Man City cough

12 Likes

Decent enough result for Real Madrid.

They’ll be tougher to beat in a packed Santiago Bernebeu stadium. At the worst case , they’ll tire city out more and hopefully we have an easier time against Villareal.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/i/status/1519067016740626432

Don’t ya just love it when the pressure starts to build on this guy

2 Likes

Do you have any footage of his yellow card and/or meltdown after Mahrez(?) missed a chance after about 20mins to pass for a 3-0 lead?

Nah; his dealer had just texted to say that he didn’t have any supplies.

3 Likes

Can’t find any at the moment but if I come across other reactions of his during today I will post it later

1 Like

Man City - Real Madrid * 2 goals in 3 minutes, yellow card Guardiola - YouTube

:0)
Pressure is on Pep now - 1min 20sec

12 minute focus on Pep Guardiola coaching * Man City - Real Madrid - YouTube

Great work! Pep looks such a ponce pacing around (and outside) his technical area in his thick soled shoes and coat.

0:44 he enters the field of play.

That gave them 12 players on the pitch so they should forfit the game 3-0 as per FIFA rules when you forfit a game.

1 Like

Just watched this one too - the atmosphere… :face_vomiting: Plastic flags and some disinterested clapping when they score? They were more animated by the throw-in than anything else - strangely just like Pep.

3 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

Kidnapping Emre Can and stealing his hair?

2 Likes

I mean…hair would really fucking suit Pep based on this photo.

2 Likes

Sounds like Peptic has an ulcer - too much thinking and talking about us, heh Josep? But glad you are not feeling any pressure - your aura of serene calm you transmit to your players must be from channelling the coconuts in the Maldives.

5 Likes

Rent. Fucking. Free.

5 Likes

In fairness to pep (what the fuck!) the article headline and non quotes are written in a fairly tabloid and sensationalist way - disappointing again Guardian! - who did Jamie Jackson suck for his job? The only really passive aggressive comment by Peptic on this occasion is the "Jürgen says they have the best keeper, defender, midfielder, strikers so it’s normal for them to win the award”. I also read elsewhere that he said of Klopp that he had great respect for him but he wasn’t sure it was reciprocated. I mean wtf - Klopp has called him the ‘best coach in the world’ repeatedly. Even if he thinks Jurgen actually thinks he is an egotistical spoilt dick he should keep it to himself - but no doubt Peptic was trying to needle Jurgen and the press into something. He is such a cynical coach who likes players like fernandinho and bernardo who play cynically.

1 Like

I heard the comments by Pep regarding the FWA to Salah on Sky Sports and he was so bitter. He is so bitter, we are definitely in his head. He has no grace, if the question was addressed to Klopp, he would have at least been diplomatic about it.
Its an individual award, I personally would have trophies over golden glove, top goal scorer, player of the year, etc. I personally believe it was bad management on his behalf.

2 Likes