Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Posted at 17:3017:30

### ‘We want to go to Europe again’

FT: Chelsea 2-2 Wolves

Wolves

Wolves goalkeeping coach Tony Roberts to BBC Sport: "We came back to get the point but we’re disappointed we didn’t win it. We had opportunities from set-pieces in the first half but this group has great spirit so to come from 2-0 down here, what a result.

"Great goal by Trincao. We see that in training every day, he just needs to do it more often in games. Tomas Oliveira came on and the ball he put in for the last goal was tremendous. What a cross! The three who came on had pace and attacked them. We well deserved the point.

"Bruno Lage was in touch and we had a chat at half time over Zoom. He is very happy as you can imagine but also disappointed we didn’t get the three points.

“We want to get as high as we can. We have three tough games. We want to go to Europe again and experience it again. We have a big game on Wednesday so we need that hard work and experience to go again.

That’s what we want to hear :0)

9 Likes

As the old saying goes: if you think you aren’t good enough it might be because you are surrounded by cunts

1 Like

Hopefully Pep is having a meltdown, or at least a wobble. If that spreads to the players so much the better.

On the one hand they are an excellent team, and are well placed to win their remaining games and claim the title. On the other hand, they’ve done all that before, multiple times, and perhaps it gets harder to keep digging so deep just to do what you did before.

Introspection, doubt. Hopefully they have a bout of that, and St Maximin gallops through to claim a winner.

1 Like

Jack Black Reaction GIF

Killing It Jack Black GIF by FOX Teen Choice

Take it mate

Jack Black Hiding GIF

2 Likes

The only bonus is the next three games are probably their hardest league games in a while. It’s the loss that I can’t see, I could have seen a draw

3 Likes

How about 2 draws?

Let’s not go conceding the title until at least we see what happens tomorrow.

5 Likes

Here’s to them drawing two games until the end of the season. I don’t believe it will happen as they usually answer to a bad result by smashing the hell out of their next opponents and going on long winning runs but I have to hope, our lads deserve it.

2 Likes

But their record after losing in Europe is pretty aweful. I can see them bottling it tomorrow

2 Likes

Always remember - when they have their end of season celebration with the 25 fans who were there before oil money arrived we be preparing for the biggest game of club football.

5 Likes

Pep still no European trophy for city :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Forever may it continue.

1 Like

Come on Newcastle. This isn’t over yet.

3 Likes
1 Like

From the article

’I said to our people, ‘Tell me’ about the suspicions. I looked at them and believed them 100 per cent from day one so I defended the club because of that,’ said the City manager

’I did say, ‘If you lie to me, the day after I am not here. I will be out and you will not be my friend any more’.

So why didn’t you leave after the CAS hearing? The bullshit stinks with Guardiola

4 Likes

I’m not going to click on a link to the Mail, so does the article say if they’re looking at a fine or points deduction? Let’s face it, the former is utterly meaningless to an owner with limitless funds.

1 Like

It was the CAS ruling that helped allay manager Pep Guardiola’s fears, after the Catalan sought assurances from the Manchester City hierarchy about the club’s financial conduct.

But they avoided punishment on a technicality that was caused by their snide fuckery.

Pep when talking to the owners about the above:
not listening stephen colbert GIF

2 Likes

What’s the bet it will be something soft like a transfer ban…

It’s something I’d love to see put it like that :rofl:

Yeah probably commencing in 2 years and banned from one window.

Too early to say what, if any intentions they have in mind…
Bottom line is that both parties have been trying to keep a lid firmly placed upon proceedings, but more and more questions are being raised by these evasive and time consuming tactics…
The Cheaters are what they are, untouchable.!

1 Like