Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Are we supposed to get scared? Are they going to get 114 points? Anyone thinking that they are going to wipe the floor with us and the rest of Europe hasn’t been paying attention. They are missing intangibles that all the money in the world can’t buy.

2 Likes

Everything about the deal is totally above board and there is nothing dodgy to see here whatsoever.

1 Like

A shit club buys a 100m pound player to try and buy a champions league trophy he flopped so they buy another 100m player.

3 Likes

Haaland is a statement signing for them and he can make a big impact - if he can actually make it out of the treatment room and onto the pitch when they actually need him.

2 Likes

I give him 20 minutes Vs Everton

2 Likes

Or 10 minutes against VVD and he’ll be mentally broken

2 Likes

I just don’t think Haaland plays their style at all. He will definitely finish top scorer for them but all it’s going to do is take scoring away from someone else, and then you lose that persons benefits. It’s not like they have struggled to score. Maybe this purely a CL signing and anything else he provides is a bonus.

Strange that this has concluded so quickly after the agents death :thinking:, especially someone that’s a negative effect on negotiations for the buying club.

2 Likes

This.

Pep’s previously had issues with big No.9s - it’s not in his DNA/footy approach to have a big target man. Obviously, he’s better than a Chris Wood, but he doesn’t press or challenge.

Seems to me this is very much a signing from the top - not a Pep one. Kane makes more sense than this ald for Pep’s play.

1 Like

IMG_20220510_181748

4 Likes

Erling is incredibly good at pressing. He has played for Salzburg and Dortmund, two clubs that are known for pressing. I dont understand where you got the idea that he does not press.

1 Like

The stats posted higher in the thread where he posts in the lowest % for defensive actions for a forward.

2 Likes

Well, when I have seen him he is very good at it. Particularly on the National Team. Anyway, I am just sad. I have been following his career since Molde.

1 Like

As @Draexnael says, in the stats. Maybe the stats are not a fair comparison.

But Man City’s press from the front is very different from Dortmund and RB’s pressing, which from what I’ve seen takes place deeper and that’s where Halaand come alive, driving forward with pace, battering ram style.

Like us, City tend to have a lot of the ball, so there’s less of the quick play taking place.

1 Like

We’ll see how he does there. They will want instant success, that is for sure. But even though I can see the points concerning him not fitting City’s style perfectly, I don’t think it’s good to give them other tactical options of such quality. Now, if Sheik Mansour could please just go away and let the Premier League be a bit more fair play, I would be happy.
It is disgusting that they can throw more than 100 mil on a player every season.

It’s also just pure laziness (rather than buying prospects and coaching them at lesser costs), and a clear sign to youth players that there’s little real chance at City to get a chance. That’s why so many leave City at 18.

2 Likes

Personally I think we are all kidding ourselves, me included haha. Injures permitting I think he’s going to smash it.

6 Likes

He’s probably going to be brilliant, but if he isn’t they’ll just last another 200m in the next one.

3 Likes

Are you thinking of Robinho? He actually said how glad he was to have signed for Chelsea. In his press conference at Man City :rofl:

2 Likes

If I remember Will.I.An, we did all the leg work before getting gazumped by Spurs, who spent a few days gloating, before getting gazumped by Chelsea.

3 Likes

Chelsea also did us for Salah first time around as well.

1 Like