Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Every time I watch him he comes off with an injury so maybe I should just watch them like the bloke is forced to watch violence in the clockwork orange

2 Likes

Yea but actually I donā€™t want him injured, I want him to fail big time like how Shevchenko, Higuain, Veron, all these big names that came and failā€¦ Imagine the looks of their fans when he scores 3 goals in 30 kind of season

1 Like

Could be that the hierarchy at Cheaters are the ones forcing this purchase for reasons only known to them and Fraudiola has to tow the line on this - If there is even a sniff of this being true, Fraudiola may well keep him on the bench whenever he canā€¦ I am not so sure this will be the perfect signing that many of the pundits anticipateā€¦ Bottom line though, we have Jurgen for an additional two seasons so who cares

1 Like

I donā€™t know what Man City plan with that Alvarez kid (I didnā€™t see him play but Iā€™ve read only rave reviews about him) but I wouldnā€™t mind them parting ways with Jesus as soon as Haaland arrives. Haaland is a guarantee of goals, no doubt about it, but as others have said, both he and his new team will have some adjusting to do. I hope that in that adjusting certain things that make Man City so fearsome get lost, especially Jesusā€™ intelligent running and ability to pick out space and play for the rest of the team.

GIF by Ghostbusters

GIF by Ghostbusters

Hopefully Haaland will be tired on arrival. He seems to have been busy

1 Like

A few months ago it was reported that Pep is going to leave City after next season. Been quiet since then.

Hope itā€™s true because many of their players wonā€™t be able to perform on the level they do for Pep when heā€™s gone.

51M BP you say eh? Aha. I believe it.

German Fed Tax Office and HM Rev & Customs over to you bothā€¦

Looking forward to hearing how much really this transaction was for. Who knows what weā€™ll hear aboutā€¦maybe a few obvious transactions (and some not so much)ā€¦from asset transfers (from different banks and real estate firms) to several agents and a few Dortmund and Haaland ā€œfamily membersā€.

Could have picked a names that the youf know. Maybe Lukaku, Kepa the keeper (worlds most expensive donā€™t you know), or Pogba.

2 Likes

They will be mentally relieved though I suspect.

See U Premier League GIF by Liverpool FC

The Ā£51m that BD get is probably accurate. But itā€™s all the additional payments to agents and parents and that money will be routed in a way that goes from UAE to them via other channels to make it difficult to trace. Unfortunately thanks to Chelsea this is the world of football we live in.

1 Like

12 Likes

Or the worlds most expensive defender.

You canā€™t forget about the worlds most expensive defender

2 Likes

If city lose tonight we go into the final 2 games having to out point and out score them!

Could be a mental end of season

2 Likes

The key part for me

if he is fit, not get injured

Spending the money they are on a player youwould expect them to be fit and available for 90-95% of games, but his injury record does start to sound a bit alarming

1 Like

Not if they lose tonight 4-0.

Sand Dune Reaction GIF

8 Likes

No, I go for Sturridge style niggly injuries ones that prevent him or City developing any rhythm. He is not just an improvement but represents a change of approach that requires adaptation. That means if he is not available they cannot just insert a different player into his spot and continue as normal, which could make them far less fluid and consistent.

Just need to play some Jackie Wilson on the tanoy when City come to visit. Apparently Haaland hates that.

I donā€™t blame him, Iā€™ll leave the stadium as well. I canā€™t stand Jackie Wilson.

Liam Delap from their youth team is actually a very similar profile to Haaland but I imagine Guardiola wouldnā€™t be keen to use him.