Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

It’s not normal to have that many games still needing to be played in the final midweek of the season, but it’s a scandal they played the majority of them on Thursday instead of Tuesday. Sure, its a short turn around from the previous Sunday, but it would have least been equitable to all clubs involved (except Chelsea but that game was irrelevant by then anyway so fine, give them one day less rest), and resulted in a far less impacted final day.

3 Likes

The tactical thing on Coutinho is a good point, but I think the energy levels, due to the teams coming into the game with different preparation, was a big factor. Villa put a lot into the game, but they were all but finished after an hour.

Apart from subs, tactics, and preparation, the other main thing is that Man City are better than Aston Villa, and will beat them more often than not no matter what else is going on in and around the game.

Bastards!

4 Likes

The simple thing Villa did that worked very effectively was kick it high in the air directly down the centre of the pitch. Neither of their CBs can win a header to save their lives and it consistently led to opportunities.

1 Like

I understand why us and Chelsea had games to play considering we both played almost every game, Chelsea played 63 I think due to the European Super Cup and the world club cup.

Not sure why four teams that didn’t have European ties had games to play.

3 Likes

Some posts have had to be hidden. Let’s stay on topic lads please, and please let’s try to avoid digs at each other and provocations in the future, ok? Cheers.

1 Like

Covid cancelations definitely contributed, but dont know if it needed to come down to this full a midweek fixture list.

According to The Telegraph, they are after Kalvin Phillips. When he was linked with Man United, I thought “great, he’s overrated” but he can probably make me eat my words when surrounded by players of higher calibre and clear tactical structure.

It’s interesting. Is there any way to include him and Rodri in the same side and still play Pep football? Is there a vision to up the pace of the game to suit Haaland?

1 Like

I won’t hold my breath.

It would be childish to hold your breath. That’s something Pep (just to stay in topic) would do.

2 Likes

Would that be when Daddy doesn’t buy him a new full back?

1 Like

Worst. B-side. Ever

3 Likes

With Fernandinho going, you would imagine Phillips to be backup for Rodri, and possibly a way to beef up the domestic quotient.

Or, in other words, he’s the new Rodwell :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a fair point. Especially as Gundogan has sometimes had to play that role as a back up and he’s possibly leaving.

1 Like

Jack Black Reaction GIF

5 Likes

When your tweet goes viral and you’ve made an obvious spelling mistake…

Frustrated David GIF by Big Brother

2 Likes

Right …shitty fans…at 4pm today…look at your tv’s…this is what a winning parade looks like…you morons…

2 Likes

And the good news is, the weather seems to clearing. We have sunshine at last.

2 Likes

Yeah didn’t it piss down for their one.

1 Like