Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I did that once. Got the piss taken out of me. Never again

He was a cute kid, what happened to him!

1 Like

Worn an Arsenal kit?

Probably fair enough to have had the piss taken out of you for that :wink:

1 Like

No no :rofl::rofl::rofl: LFC home kit including socks and I believe Michael Owen Umbro boots as well!

1 Like

So Excited Reaction GIF by Originals

1 Like

I was one time sat in one of the home sections at the Emirates during our 08-09 match against Arsenal. Had to stifle my joy at Robbie Keane hitting that outrageous equaliser and also temper my reaction to Dagger nearly scoring the winner

What is wrong with you guys? Have a moan about City every other day then somebody doesn’t toe the line and complains now it’s moan about who’s doing the complaining. Fuck me.

6 Likes

Complaints won’t get anywhere.

FFP is a joke.

CAS ruled and overturned the two year ban. They acknowledged that $hitty didn’t cooperate. They acknowledged that things happened but apparantly 5 years had lapsed so cannot do anything. They acknowledged that their was some evidence of dirty underhand things $hitty had done, but there was insufficient conclusive evidence.

On reducing the fine, Cas said that, while it considered “the importance of the co-operation of clubs in investigations conducted by the CFCB” and Manchester City’s “disregard of such principle and its obstruction of the investigations”, the Cas panel “considered it appropriate to reduce Uefa’s initial fine by two-thirds”.

Deny, waste time, don’t cooperate - get away with avoiding FFP with a token 10m euro fine.

2 Likes

It’s just that it will end up to nothing, as always.

A serially corrupt club (not state-owned, but very much state-supported, multiple times) lodged towards a corrupt UEFA organisation cannot be taken seriously at this stage.

As BB said above, it would need all European leagues uniting in order to do something. But that won’t happen.

1 Like

All together now:

La Liga and Real Madrid are two separate entities.

3 Likes

CAS overturned the ban as it broke UEFA’s own rules about how long they had to ban clubs, not because City didn’t break the rules.

Also, UEFA/FA/PL investigations won’t stop Cheaty. Although there is 1 investigation into their dodgy payments which should scare the fuck out of them - HMRC as they don’t fuck around and they have a damn lot more power and teeth than anyone else. And if there is 1 group you don’t want to piss off, it is government tax collectors

2 Likes

That’s the dream.

But I do love a whistleblower. I find it odd that there are none.

PL are still looking of course. Probably while wearing very dark glasses.

The CAS ruling has, for me basically ruined any idea that they are, in any way of being even a hint of a ruling court that can resolve sporting disputes correctly and fairly. That place stinks to high heaven.

2 Likes

Problem is HMRC only go after the small folk. When was the last time you heard them busting a tycoon or a big corporate firm? It’s because they have the best tax lawyers to dodge taxes. It’s perfectly possibly for City to flaunt FFP while at the same time stick to the straight and narrow of the UK tax code

1 Like

However, the super league would have had mechanisms to constrain financial doping.

Whistleblow yourself into a grave, that’s what everyone is thinking, and you know it will happen.

1 Like

60 mil euros for another left back that wont be as good as either of our lbs.

I love a good dig at City, but the FB thing is a bit silly (and I know Ive throw it at them as well). Pep struggled his first season with fairly old school “up and down the line” FBs and decided he needed to clear house. So that first summer he spent good money on 3 new ones (Walker, Danilo, Mendy) while getting rid of the 5 in inherited. But for one of them having an alleged predilection for ***, his 2 first choices FBs might still be from the group.

Since then, summer 2017 (5 years ago), all he’s done is swap Danilo (plus cash) for Cancelo, experimented with Angelino who was kind of already their player, converted a cheap midfielder into a sometimes LB, and brought in a CB can fill in at LB.

So, that’s 6 seasons and it’s really only 4 new FBs purchased plus a bit of experimentation with existing players, and that was in response to clearing house at the end of his first year of the 5 he inherited.

2 Likes

Are they though?

4 Likes

PĂ©rez would have owned it. Often talk of all kinds of things but it wasn’t replacing UEFA as a governing body or the FA so all the “jam of tomorrow” was just that. Henry was a founding member not the club I’d hazard a guess we’d have been an average team our spending power would still have been dwarfed by those with additional funds.

Four new FB’s in six seasons plus experimenting with slotting in players from other positions is still quite a bit of turnover in the position not to mention that he’s spent a shit load on them and he’s about to spend more. He’s getting away with not finding what he really wants because they can absorb the cost of them without worrying too much. If we’d spent the amount they had on the position we’d be looking at serious deficiencies in other positions.

2 Likes