Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Jesus, Sterling, Bernardo and Gündogan all considering leaving City proves once again that winning trophies while earning big oil money is no fun if you have to work under Pep.

Hope they will really sell at least 2 of them and then it will cost them over the course of the season.

1 Like

With the 5 substitutes rule for next season, Fraudiola will be able to use the likes of Phillips to commit the professional fouls that Fernandinho used to get away with for most of the game… once a yellow gets issued now though, easy peasy, just bring someone off the bench to take their place and get them to use their own quota of professional fouls…!

2 Likes

Sterling and Jesus are gone. I’d like to see Silva and Gundogan leave as well as they along with KDB have been their best players the past few seasons. Gundogan is massively under-rated IMHO.

2 Likes

Grealish has been drunk since the season ended and unfortunately Robbo has also been with him at a Pool Party in Las Vegas but I am not concerned about him.

I am from Germany and many of us behave like animals on holiday with excessive drinking etc but I swear English people are next level.

No problem with all that as long as everybody behaves.

However when it comes to professional footballers there is a huge difference between the nations.

Feels like not much has changed since the days of ‘Gazza’ with excessive drinking and partying (or even scandals like Maguires arrest) during the summer break.

Can’t recall many cases over here recently. Think the Basler/Effenberg generation was the last who did not give a shit and were constantly drinking and smoking cigars - not only in the summer break. That was over 20 years ago.

Not saying footballers should not drink any alcohol but doing it excessively kills your fitness.

And it is very difficult to motivate yourself if you start every preseason with 40% of your fitness level.

With that all said - looking forward to see handsome Jack overweight and dropped by Pep at the start of the season.

Foden at least got game time, none of these others are, City could with the way they batter some teams easily implement some youth but they seem almost allergic to it.

Yeah I’m sure Andy will come back 100% ready for preseason. And if he is clearly off the pace, Jurgen and Millie will kick his sorry arse so hard that he will either knuckle down and get back to where he should be (and never let himself go again) or he’ll be out of the team and sold quicker than you can say ‘deep fried marsbar is the fucken highlight of yer week in grey, damp Dundee, ye wee jobbie’. Not going to happen!

1 Like

That’s an interesting point and I wonder if there will start to be calls for the bar for cynical fouls being carded to be lowered to mitigate against this a bit.

3 Likes

Refs just don’t do it, saw it several times where the foul count was high on one side but the card count was high for the opposition, I think we ended up with more cards against Everton :rofl:

5 Likes

Manchester City expecting a formal offer from Chelsea for Raheem Sterling.

Champions will not block his exit if an acceptable bid (£50m+) is received as they understand his need to significantly contribute in his prime years.

Todd Boehly was in touch with City today to discuss figures. Willingness to finalise a deal from all parties.

Tuchel sees Sterling as a decisive edge and leader.

1 Like

A lot of assumptions being made here. They’re young men letting off a bit of steam before another intense season. Tabloid fodder. Leave them alone

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/9TYZ13ma57o

Ok

1 Like

I don’t care, if they do shit like those Leicester youth players did then that’s where I might care but getting plastered in Las Vegas I couldn’t care.

If it’s our players then I’m sure once they hit pre season it’s fine, Grealish can do whatever he wants.

5 Likes

That really looks like a deepfake to me with slabhead’s face looking a bit weird. But then the logical side of my brain reminds me what these two are like as people and there is no need for a deepfake.

1 Like

I don’t know what all the fuss is about, they’re young lads, having a few beers after a long hard season. They’ll be back in pre season training next week, for another long hard season.

9 Likes

His face always looks a bit weird. Or do you mean more than usual?

1 Like

I find your obsession with him stranger than any of his behaviour

1 Like

Romeo Lavia signing for Southampton for £14m.

Guardiola let’s another one walk away. Lavia will probably be an instant starter, he’s a terrific player. Not the only young player in Man City’s squad who would instantly start at 90% of other PL clubs.

4 Likes

Kalvin Phillips deal done

Was thinking about LIv golf yesterday and the comparisons bar LIV mostly carrying names there is very little between them and this lot, suppose PSG are a slightly better example.

It’s not good for the game or youth development

2 Likes

Wonder where this stops? When competitiveness dies will the TV companies walk away, and then sport will have killed itself?

Much as I am looking forward to the new season, the most depressing thought is that City have probably bought themselves another title, all outside of the parameters of fairness.

5 Likes