Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Ermm… Sorry, what Pep??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

There’s a name for men who go round touching women. :upside_down_face:

Heterosexual?

3 Likes

Let’s be honest here.

If we’ve come to the point that that augero clip raises a debate, then we’ve gone too far.

Not in a ‘it’s political correctness gone made ‘ way.

But in a human way. If that’s meant to allude to some #metoo bullshit or some evidence of an old boys club then I’m not onboard anymore.

If the lady in question was uncomfortable and felt compromised, then the ref goes into the change rooms later, explains it to Sergio, who then understands and we all move on.

Far more empowering than having agenda driven twitter bots make this something it isn’t.

8 Likes

I was expecting something a lot worse before the clip, but my reaction was ‘is that it?’

Hardly anything in that at all.

1 Like

Genuine question: if Sian Massey makes even the slightest issue out of it, who do you think will face more serious consquences – her or Sergio Agüero?

At the end of the day it’s only a bookable offence about which there should be a zero-tolerance policy, but we can at least be fucking honest about the double standards at play in why this occurred and how it is handled.

3 Likes

Big deal.

Everything is a debate today, the world is bored.

3 Likes

The first paragraph is just speculation. I think you might have overegged the omelette.

Refs are actually pretty much a protected species and if you don’t believe that let’s see the fallout from the Everton game, he’ll miss a few games.

As for touching the ref, it’s a high stakes professional sport, we can’t have games being affected because of human error

If you truely believe augero was exerting some superiority over her on the basis of her being a female I disagree.

There is obviously a historical context with treatment of minority’s in sport and football in general. I get that.

But I think this distracts from that.

In simplified terms, I guess it would be comparative to someone being pushed in the back in a queue to the toilets and claiming it had echoes of hillsborough…

It just distracts from the main issue.

Just by swearing as if you are frustrated with my stupidity doesn’t make you correct.

I understand WHY it’s got a second look, I just don’t think it deserves any further.

The fact it’s an LFC avatar makes it appear more agenda driven than anything. Not a great look.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think we need to be too offended on behalf of Sian Massey. She’s officiated at the top level of the men’s game for years now so can handle herself. Aguero’s come across as a bit of a condescending prick there but if she/the ref thought it crossed a line he’d have been spoken to after the game and that would be the end of the matter. No need for a witch hunt.

8 Likes

I totally agree with you @BillyBiskix. What annoys me is that a player of his stature should have been more sober.

God, when I saw the fume about this I thought he’d grabbed her tits or something. He put his hand on her shoulder. That’s it. Move on.

5 Likes

I love the way that all the media is talking about is the relatively inconsequential Aguero-Massey incident (the player should have received a yellow card, mind), while the fact that Walker got away with a very high boot and no penalty was given appears to have been totally ignored.

1 Like

I think she is thinking…take your hand hand off me ya greasy shitty cheat…

3 Likes

Could be far worse, could be a goalkeeper scissor kicking a defender without punishment.

3 Likes

Curious what all the fuss was about I looked it up on YT. As much I dislike City this is nothing, I have seen players do this to refs a 1000 times.

1 Like

She should’ve kneed Aguero in his fanny

6 Likes

Agree. I posted he was a weasel when he did it. And I am now reiterating that firm belief.

1 Like

VAR would have given her a red.

4 Likes

Kind of funny that Pep has spent millions on fullbacks who are shit and sold Angeliño (who came through their youth system) to RB Leipzig and looks better than all the City FBs.

3 Likes

To be fair, it’s also a different team/league/position he’s playing (LWB at Leipzig), too. Going forward he’s good, 4 goals in 6 games so far this season, but defensively he’s very suspect.

2 Likes