Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I think it was an either/or situation with him or Zinchenko, although I’m not sure.

But I am curious about who they had lined up had the Ake transfer happened.

1 Like

Not sure if it was them wanting to sell, but Chelsea were rumoured to be interested in resigning him.

Can’t be bothered reading this but the headline alone made me audibly laugh out while waiting for a coffee this morning, too good not to share Pep Guardiola: Man City boss says club sustainable after record player sales income - BBC Sport

3 Likes

This is two fingers up to the PL, UEFA, CAS and any club playing within the rules. The arrogance is amazing, its baiting at its best and there will be zero challenge to him or his employers.

5 Likes

congratulations to the working class battlers at Citeh…

through hard work, a little risk in the market and brilliant commercial management, they have become financially profitable.

it goes to show the plucky underdog can win against the establishment and win with grace and style.

Pep Guardiola…man of the people…hero of the catalans, voice of the bavarians and tactical mastermind behind the manchester revolution…

a true cinderella story.

9 Likes

Lolz

1 Like

This is what does my head in about City, they get lauded in the media as darlings of football, this brilliantly ran football club. yet with zero reference to the blatant cheating they did for years to get to this point or the fact the are ‘swimming’ in profit because all their sponsorships are literally from their owners.

You’d think a journalist would be embarrassed to write it but I guess whatever gets the clicks.

5 Likes

Sportswashing :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

100% it is but anyone with a couple of brain cells can see it is. Yet it’s fawn fawn fawn… although not surprising in a right wing media influenced society where money talks.

3 Likes

It’s not about having brain cells though, is it? It’s purely about integrity and ethics. Money talks, and like in so many cases, here the media is doing the talking.

This is why I don’t blame the clubs or their owners too much. It’s the media and the administrators who should have provided the accountability and transparency. If the guards are willing to let the thieves in, can you really blame the thieves?

2 Likes

Fixed for accuracy

2 Likes

They got given a stadium as well.

2 Likes

Imagine if I acquire lots of players with money that is artificially pumped in. Then I sell a few of them. And I buy a couple of others. In an arbitrary narrow frame of time, like this summer, I could mistakenly claim to be self sustaining.

They are frauds. They haven’t earned a thing. It has all been given to them. The galling thing is the powers that be have not adequately called them to account, much less punished them. I think there is still an open Prem investigation, but I don’t hold out much hope that anything will happen.

So, let’s smash them anyway. And with a doff of the cap to Peaches… they’re shit.

Just found the community shield. It’s on ESPN+ here. If we win, it’s a good day and a chance for the righteous to shine over the unrighteous. If we lose, it’s a friendly, and means nothing, and we will see you when the proper action begins.

2 Likes

Their player sales this summer is an all time english record. Just like the earlier BBC article about how well run they are, there is a superficial level of reasonableness to the point being made. But with the ill begotten money they have spent to stand up the enterprise, i’s like celebrating the business acumen of an entrepreneur with a net worth of $100m without acknowledging they started with a net worth of $500m

4 Likes

Thing is they can wave lots of money and buy talented youngsters and then sell them without one of them even getting close to the first team. It’s a clever way of making yourselves look profitable but it’s not really doable for 99% of clubs. Only really Chelsea (of old) and now Newcastle.

Looks at Darwin - Men with long hair are sexy
Sees Grealish and Haaland…

Jennifer Lopez Ugh GIF by NBC World Of Dance

3 Likes

Haha, Haaland with that hair… questionable life choice. He did call himself a ‘proper fist magnet’ once, I enjoyed that. And that was before the long hair :smile:

1 Like

My mum said when watching… oh he’s a bit ugly isn’t he :rofl:

1 Like

Nearly mester wilkored08’s comment…but with a few 'f’s…

1 Like

She said Grealish looked like a lampshade, she likes long hair so was rather taken with Darwin bar his tattoos.

3 Likes