Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Good going forward but defensively suspect. Now, who does that remind me of?

4 Likes

Iā€™m hoping the bubble blowing bellends beat the bubble headed bellend this weekend.

7 Likes

Finally a manager has said his real opinion of Gladiola the Porto manager was fuming with him after their game I wouldnā€™t count on him getting a good reception in Porto for the return leg.

3 Likes

The Athletic:

Manchester City are expected to sign Partizanā€™s Filip Stevanovic for around Ā£6 million, reports Sam Lee. Stevanovic, 18, has three goals in 10 league appearances for Partizan this season and will join as one of Cityā€™s ā€œemerging talentā€ signings.

@Nikola?

1 Like

Partizanā€™s best attacking prospect in quite a while, good technique, tricky, nimble, quick off the mark, plays on both flanks, though he works better as an inverted winger in my opinion. Man United were said to be on the verge of signing him last summer for almost twice that amount but it didnā€™t come to pass.

As a long terms investment, he might work but I donā€™t think heā€™s ready even for the pressure of playing for Partizan at the moment (who are a mess on and off the pitch and have been for a while), let alone Man City. I think that this is some sort of agreement between the club, player and his representatives - Partizan desperately need the money and are selling off their best young players to whomever pays the most (their teenage centre back, Strahinja Pavlović, left for Monaco for much more money).

Man City have brought in a few youth prospects from Crvena Zvezda and I think that they will all ā€œsufferā€ the fate of Grujić - go out on a few loans and maybe get to play for an upper midtable club in ā€œbig fiveā€ leagues or a top three club in Portugal or Netherlands. Stevanović might go down the same path as he really isnā€™t ready for such a move unless Iā€™ve misjudged him monumentally. I presume heā€™ll immediately return to Partizan until the end of the season and then go out on loan for a couple of years before they make a decision on him.

5 Likes

Why is a the Manc, Anthony Taylor, refereeing the West Ham v Citeh game?

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s not like it happened before, especially when they played their title rivals in a key match at home.

2 Likes
1 Like

Heā€™s just let Gundogen off with a certain yellow card. Moyes is kicking off.

1 Like

Love to see Moyes go for Pep on the touchline. The coked one doesnā€™t get enough heat and I canā€™t see him coping.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Horrible news out of City about a former academy player, Jeremy Wistenā€¦18 years oldā€¦

https://www.goal.com/en/news/manchester-city-mourn-tragic-death-of-former-academy-player/1quhj1o5qvijz14ayr2sf0alwm#:~:text=Manchester%20City%20have%20confirmed%20the,before%20recently%20leaving%20the%20club.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s got to be a Utd fan, faking it. Everton fans do it all the time.

1 Like

Yeah, he is either fake or absolutely deluded and the later is very plausible too.

For all his misadventures and shortcomings, City fans and owners are absolutely lucky to have him.

After few years of money-driven glory years the City fans suddenly want to feel entitled to feel like a proper club. But hereā€™s the news-flash mate, You arenā€™t a proper club.

1 Like
3 Likes

Heā€™ll go to PSG and win lots of the domestics cups and fail to win the CL.

7 Likes

I reckon he will go back. Hes the last manager to win them CL success, heā€™s from Catalunya, he is Messiā€™s mate, he will be adorned like a King upon his return.

Maybe all of the above after what Scott said - win a load of domestic french stuff, leave without a CL (again).

1 Like

Possibly, when they are on the up again. He wont go there while thereā€™s a lot of ā€œfixingā€ to do.

2 Likes

Yeah I was going say once a team starts showing promise he may go, but he wonā€™t want to damage his reputation.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a great reputation. Never had to build a team with limited funds and/or at clubs that win every year. Has always had world class talent in his squads. God forbid he has to lead a stuttering Barca.

If he has balls (and gets a call) he will go.

1 Like