Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Athletic has a lot of good writers, but I believe almost all its articles are locked behind a subscription. Still, might be good investment if you’re really into reading lot of football stuff in depth, not just Liverpool related. I’ve not subscribed to it myself though, have to stay content on watching Tifo videos on YouTube.

3 Likes

Haven’t watched emmerdale for years. charity in that was tainted too.

1 Like

I absolutely loathe Barcelona and their methods of unsettling players but I’m willing to turn a blind eye on this one, just to see a hopefully weakened Man City. Their squad is insanely talented but even with that, Silva’s combination of supreme technical ability, work rate and snideness should be tough to replace.

10 Likes

Yeah, I usually enjoy their season previews, but they’ve been diabolical this year. God knows why they’ve chucked actual analysis out of the window for this shite.

2 Likes

I don’t like Silva but why would City want to let him go? Makes no sense to me.

Hard to stop a player going when he wants to go. Doubt they d let him go on the cheap though. brilliant player.

1 Like

Mouse Click GIF by cam/b - the photo brothers

It sounds like it’s putting a lot of people off reading them, judging by the comments, but also, you’ve already clicked by the time you’ve found out it’s all shite so not sure that really works. It’s either just lazy or a misguided attempt at humour that didn’t work out but they’re too entrenched in the idea of it to chuck it out.

1 Like

It’s a nice thought but I can’t see it happening. Maybe next year perhaps but they would be mental to sell Silva now. Other than De Bruyne I reckon he’s their most important player. Their squad already looks a bit thin to me on numbers (not quality). They will miss Sterling.

1 Like

Pep has used a philosophy of keeping a lean squad and only of players who really want to be there. Letting go of Torres last year was a real pressure test of this. Similar but less so with Sterling this summer. To me, applying it to Silva would be a case of following a philosophy despite it clearly not being appropriate.

Modern traffic metrics do account for more than just landing on the page, which is why clickbait approaches are so outdated and frustrating…

1 Like

Detest City, Barca and loathe Silva. It would be another transfer mistake to let him leave, there is no replacement that they can buy. I still feel they shouldn’t have sold Jesus or Sterling, the should have dumped Jack for a discount. I think the players are leaving because they not happy, and it has nothing todo with balancing some mythical books.

2 Likes

He probably is, but he’s also a hateful wee shite, so hard to see it objectively. Be glad to see the back of him though

2 Likes

I think the players not being happy, or at least some of them, is spot on. You make all sorts of money, both declared and undeclared, win trophies, and that’s enough for most. But there is a human aspect that is overlooked, and you have to enjoy your work.

Pep Guardiola is known as being a very intense coach, who is not too pastoral either. He seems far removed from the character of Klopp, who is kind, gregarious and has players who will run through a brick wall for him. Klopp is of course world class at his job too, but on the pastoral stuff he is streets ahead of Guardiola.

Pep has a detailed system, down to the tiniest detail, and while he obviously wins stuff, for some people it is suffocating. They can only do it for so long.

When Haaland tweeted about getting some sweets at M&S I thought a reasonable interpretation of that was his culture shock, with regard to coming into an atmosphere where everything is controlled to the nth degree.

1 Like

I never thought this day would come, but anyone who wishes to leave Cheaty for Barcelona is an asshole.

On Saturday while they were doing the VAR check on Citoil’s goal ITV showed him manically telling the goalscorer something. His demeanor was more someone who was furious about a player cocking up rather than congratulating his goalscorer. He is proper weird. :crazy_face::nerd_face:

2 Likes

I’m not on board with those who call him a fraud. He’s a great coach. Groundbreaking perhaps. But he must be draining to work with, compared to a far better human being like Jurgen

1 Like

He’s trying. Even started to copy the Jurgen hug, which must be weird in a creepy way when someone you’ve known for a while start randomly hugging you one day.

1 Like

Hugging Reaction GIF

5 Likes

More empty seats it is then…

Officially sold out though.

Austin Powers Movie GIF

1 Like