Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Not sure because it is reported that La Liga have rejected barca attempts to register their new signings this summer - barca tried to use their own money to inflate the value of sales. According to the guardian. I haven’t read the article though.

THE GUARDIAN

Barcelona still cannot register their summer signings after La Liga rejected an attempt to use the club’s own funds to inflate the value of two of the asset sales they had resorted to in order to balance the books and strengthen their team.

edit: just seen that you already posted/commented about this in the la liga thread but i ll leave it here for anyone that doesn’t frequent that thread.

2 Likes

Jeez I feel dirty reading that. Am surprised they haven’t just fucked him off already.

1 Like

City cannot sack him, because it would prejudice the trial. And if he was found not guilty he would sue the fuck out of them.

1 Like

Not a chance he’d win a case against city.

season 8 episode 21 GIF

1 Like

Obviously can’t comment on football contracts, but I know how my contract is set up, and I would be fucking amazed if being charged with 8 counts of rape wasn’t classed as gross misconduct and something along the lines of bringing the company into disrepute, especially if residents or landlords, or agents found out

3 Likes

@aussielad city owners may just see it as normal behaviour “allegedly”.

2 Likes

Its still allegations. Until such time as he is proven guilty they cannot terminate his contract.
He would need to agree, and I really doubt he will do that.

2 Likes

It is before the courts.
If he is found guilty they will sack him.

I’m not sure the relevance to my comment?

Apologies

Knowing what City’s owners think of women of course they still pay him. Shocked clubs do though, I’d be sacked in a minute if I got arrested nevermind what he’s done

2 Likes

The deal will be for £45 on the books!

City look to have found their new LB - a kid they were initially planning on buying and loaning out to Girona, a fellow CFG owned club, but they now look to be considering him as their Zinchenko replacement. I dont know if that is due to an epiphany on how good he is or a reflection of difficulty finding an alternative. I hope the latter.

Of course they’ve been talking up Josh Wilson-Esbrand all summer, only to immediately dump him when the first mutli-million pound signing becomes available.

1 Like

Such a shame. They invest in their academy so much and are very well run with excellent talent. Pep has no trust in youth.

Doesn’t their so called Academy work like FM Mode, just like Chelsea? Buy cheap and sell at an inflated rate?

1 Like

Its a fair criticism, but think its a little misplaced in relation to this Belgian kid. What this looks like is that rather than turning to a high profile 50 million quid signing they are possibly going to rely on an inexperienced player who had initially been earmarked for a loan move to team favored for relegation from La Liga.

I for 1 would be happy if this was heir solution to the LB issue

2 Likes

It’s not a bad model, it’s an ideal model for an academy in which imo all academy’s should try achieve tbh. I think the hyping up of prospects is unfair and misleading in which they never had a chance. False hope is a dick move

1 Like

My bet is h will get1 5 minute cameo in a game they are already 5-0 up and suddenly Pep will be some genius for having discovered the next TAA and Shitty fans will dine out on this for the next 1000 years whilst the cold hard facts are it will be the only 1st team apperance the kid ever makes

1 Like

Fraudiola IMO is all about the here and now and winning as much as he possibly he can no matter the financial outlay… F**k youth and building for a tomorrow… because he is unlikely to be there when that occurs…
Arteta reminds me a touch of having the same philosophy… maybe he wants to impress enough to take the Cheaters hot-seat when it gets vacated…
If I was the parent of a youth team player, no way would I be happy if they wanted to play there