Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Barcelona presidential frontrunner Victor Font wants to bring Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola back to the club. Guardiola is into the final year of his contract at Etihad Stadium. (Sky Sports)

1 Like

Well I meant as in the supposed one, not going step into a club that needs a rebuild without funds.

2 Likes

So Klopp and Pep want the 5 subs rule back but yesterday Pep made just 2 changes - first one being in the 81st minute.

Will City be without Fernandinho, AgĂźero and Jesus against us?

2 Likes

Mendy is also out.

They have a few solutions at both LB (Zinchenko and Cancelo) and striker position (Sterling and now Torres was tried there in two games I think).

3 Likes

They’re pretty confident on the Loon.

Good.

Crushed optimism makes losers’ tears all the more delicious. I will likely drink them whilst enjoying a pot noodle…

4 Likes

Just went and had a look over there. Frothing at the mouth over Salah getting a penalty. If that was my first visit I would have been taken aback at the bile, all par for the course now.

3 Likes

The biggest advantage they have is that they know how to play in empty stadiums.

5 Likes

They are aware that they’ve Stirling in their team - aren’t they?

Puritanical Pratts.

Doesn’t compute for them so they ignore his antics almost completely while those who don’t use the Harry Kane School of Play as justification.

1 Like

Is it just me who takes their accusations and hatemongering towards us in a humorous way,i tend to ignore backward thinking people,they sound insane.

8 Likes

Yeah I too enjoy those deliriums. But sometimes some creep spews pure hate, you know, like racism level hate. That kinda saddens me.

1 Like

Kind of wondering how they reacted to Nat Phillips performance yesterday given last year they lost La Porte and it all went to rat shit apparently. We’ve lost 2 -3 depending how you count Fabinho.

1 Like

According to them, and the bitters who frequent the Loon, we have never ever had injuries till now and that we are crying about it and Klopp is always on about it. Of course the injuries to Fabinho, Alisson, Salah and others last season that kept them out for a few months doesn’t quite register. Also according to them they just got on without Laporte as best they could and Pep never fussed about it at all.

The hate is palpable and anything that might be in our favour or shows us in an honorable/ reasonable manner is derided and dismissed no matter what factual evidence may exist.

3 Likes

They are funny. What is even more funny is that these people have all congregated in one place. They have found a home, bless.

3 Likes

Injury updates:

Agüero’s injury ‘not so bad’ and forward not ruled out for Sunday. Gabriel Jesus in contention to face Olympiakos on Tuesday.

3 Likes

Manchester clubs urged to pay staff 'real living wage

The Living Wage Foundation has previously said its “real” pay rate - which applies to workers over 18 - is calculated independently and is based on costs such as food, clothing and household bills.

Their calculation is that it is ÂŁ9.30 an hour across the UK except in London, where it is ÂŁ10.75 with the rate is set to change next week as part of Living Wage week.

Food banks and the Greater Manchester Citizens have written to club executives asking them to adopt the real living wage for all staff.

In a letter, they said: "Both clubs are loved by so many in the city, and many have been inspired by the vital work your clubs have done during the pandemic, especially the incredible campaign led by Marcus Rashford MBE to tackle child food poverty.

“But the reality is that many of your own staff, including caterers and cleaners, are themselves struggling to put food on the table because they don’t earn the real living wage.”

According to the Living Wage Foundation, only five Premier League clubs - Everton, Liverpool, West Ham, Chelsea and Crystal Palace - currently pay staff the real living wage

2 Likes

Imagine being owned by billionaires and not paying staff decent wages. Pathetic

2 Likes

Yep, it is but it wasn’t so long ago that Liverpool weren’t either.

2 Likes

From memory, I think we only started paying the living wage to all staff something like 12 months ago.

3 Likes