Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Presumably they could say he had an injury? Although that would get harder to keep saying the longer it went on.

I think there is an unfortunate reality that powerful men, especially those protected by powerful institutions, can get by in the court of public opinion by hiding behind he said/she said type protections. Once there are aggravating circumstances, as was the case with the Everton case, those unfortunately familiar approaches kind of go out of the window.

The interesting thing with Mendy was that they seemingly viewed it as such bog standard run of the mill stuff that they carried on for months as if nothing was happening.

The British legal system is so remarkably delicate it’s astonishing that anyone can be convicted of a crime.

This is Fritzl stuff :confused:

He needs to be imprisoned for a very considerable time indeed.

And his club banned from all competitions indefinitely.

2 Likes

Remember Adam Johnson? Sunderland initially suspended him when arrested, but then after only a couple of missed games, he was back.

Pled not guilty a couple months later, and just continued to play for Sunderland. So almost a whole year after the allegations were known, and in what would be his final game, he scored for them against us to help Sunderland salvage a 2-2 draw in the final few minutes.

Pled guilty a few days later.

2 Likes

Yes, if found guilty, which he hasn’t been yet. Although, he has been by many people on here, without even seeing any evidence. What if he’s found not guilty? Just saying.

1 Like

You make a good point. It’s a media circus of course. I guess I just make assumptions because of the details of the leaks, which are rather grim. But you are right, perhaps one shouldn’t.

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’ve found @Scott.Jones.

Sorry @Livvy :wink::nerd_face:

1 Like

Such a shame :disappointed:

Grealish was not in the squad today because of injury (no details atm).

Peps only change today was Dias for Ake (injury) in the first half.

Mahrez and Phillips did not come on.

It’s a good result because the more they won in a row the more they’d just grind out wins… It also shows they can be beat if you have a go!

2 Likes

They play Palace at home next. Were not able to beat them in the two games last season so they will be warned.

1 Like

West Ham and Villa proved you can actually get at them. Newcastle even gave them the customary goal in the first 10 minutes.

They are a good team and defences need to be at the top of their game but I don’t think they are any better than they have been. It’s just we’ve started so poorly.

Luckily the results have been more favourable than expected this weekend, we need to capitalise mind. A win and we probably start kicking on.

3 Likes

Palace could be dangerous for Man City. Vieira doing well there. Zaha is dangerous, but they have more than that now. If they are brave, it could be a similar high scoring sort of game to City v Newcastle.

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

He is such a thick cunt.

5 Likes

(Mastercard commercial voice)
Pointing to the sky: Twice
Self awareness: Zero
Liam G full of shite: Priceless.

2 Likes

The league has just started again and he needs a break already ? Or is he talking about a winter break?

Guardiola is playing mind games…or negotiation tactics to get more oil money to line his own pocket.