Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Haaland will be at Real Madrid before then.

I bet the release clause is all in there when he went to City.

Mind you, even though slavery is the wrong word, he might find it difficult to get out when he wants. There were aspects of Mbappe not being allowed to go to Real Madrid that looked a bit sinister, and it might be like that.

1 Like

You mean when the time comes to roll up the carpet?

Yes, when Haaland leaves Man City. I bet he has a release clause in the contract at City, ready to be triggered after three, maybe four, seasons.

Speculative on my part, but if so, when you are playing for a money-no-object outfit, since they have bought the game they won’t like losing their star man, and it might get tricky for Haaland to get out of there.

1 Like
3 Likes

Not at all surprised.

But I do love Man City 5-0 Copenhagen: Pep Guardiola dismisses Erling Haaland release clause rumours as 'not true' - BBC Sport

Not even been there a quater fo the season and rumours starting to appear that h could be fucking off in the summer to Real Madrid.

3 Likes

if this is true, then they are just rubbing UEFA’s and the EPL’s noses in it.

we will spend what we want and how we like, and fuck your FFP.

I hope they get there cummeupance one day

8 Likes

I’m sure his goals are comforting to City fans with Opec’s decision to cut production and gouge everyone, including them as well. Morons.

Same applies to Newcastle fans, btw. Oil states bought their clubs but they’re paying for it along with everyone else.

3 Likes

Der Spiegel a few years back already exposed $hitty’s modus operandi with Mancini (adviser to the Al Jazira Sports and Cultural Club in the Arabian Gulf League). Just for a piss take, Mancini signed that and for $hitty on the same day.

They also reported on to how they increase and back-date sponsorship contracts with companies from Abu Dhabi to balance the books. The actual companies pay just a fraction, then Mansour makes up the rest.

No surprises that Haarland is on some crazy wages when you factor it all in. Will be something like a consultancy contract for feeding the Sheikh’s goldfishes.

The (corrupt themselves) authorities like UEFA can’t do anything as they will face the best and most expensive lawyers in the business (look at the overturn of the two-year European ban).

They’ve probably also gotten a little savvier with the eyes on them lately, especially after the Abramovich saga. The payments will be from Abu Dhabi to a myriad of off shore companies where the paper trail will go no where as it passes through several jurisdictions so nothing can be done.

Sheikh Mansour has always said that he (initially via Abu Dhabi United Group Investment & Development) is the personal owner and not the state. Football Leaks documents have shown that the above-mentioned company transferred money to $hitty which were cleared by the state.

Khaldoon Al Mubarak is basically the PM of Abu Dhabi, head of state investment, $hitty chairman, and heads the Executive Affairs Authority, which essentially manages Abu Dhabi United Group Investment & Development (the owner from 2008 to just recently, before a shuffle to make things more opaque).

Der Spiegel provides a neat what-if analogy to make things clear:

The state-owned railway company Deutsche Bahn would be FC Bayern Munich’s main sponsor, but the club would send invoices for sponsorship money to a senior official in the Chancellery before then writing emails praising the financial services provided to the club by the government official.

The Prem is meant to be investigating them, but things will just get swept under the carpet.

7 Likes

L’état, c’est moi!

It’s worth remembering that the Premier League is the clubs.

If the Premier League do wished, it could restrain Man City. It has chosen not because ultimately the clubs see a net benefit to City flooding the league with cash from outside the game.

Unfortunately due to this short term thinking the league not stands on a precipice. If Man City go on to win a third, fourth, fifth premier league on the spin, interest will wane and revenues will go down.

The biggest selling point for the Premier League is that it has always been a competitive division compared to the Bundesliga, League Un, La Liga and Serie A.

I think the only thing that can now save football is a Salary Cap and a real restrictions on spending.

2 Likes

Just based on his current form, I am consoled only that I believe Haaland will not stay beyond one contract in Man City. I would think the glitz of Real or Barca in Spain would appeal to him once he stays a few seasons in Man City.

1 Like

And he’ll be dying to win the Champions League by then.

1 Like

There has already been suggestions that he has a release clause if Real come in next summer. Granted it is coming from Spain so likely to be Madrid stirring up shit, but is fucking funny to see (when it doesn’t involve one of our players)

Oh, now you think he may not be fit and proper :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I live in hope that either they do something about this or the PL get exposed for being the bent organisation that they are.

How about business as usual :innocent:

Klopp reveals to astounded media that to beat oil cheats you have to be oilier cheats in shocking revelation :thinking:

hallelujah GIF

In next week’s episode

Media Proclaim Klopp to be a moaner in unsurprising attack on a level headed man.

9 Likes

The scripts were prepared during the preseason.

Yes. It will follow the same path as the Ambramovich era - media darling, eulogies written about how poor Mourinho missed out on the Champions League because of a ghost goal denying a brilliant team the destiny to win, etc etc.

And then in one fell swoop, the war causing an about turn, and the media then pretend they were never in love with Roman; rather always against him (yeah right).

And so the same with this lot. They’ll fawn over every aspect of them. Then one day, some incident will happen to make them do as above. Rinse and repeat with the Barcodes.

4 Likes
8 Likes