Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

City are yet to issue a statement in response to Liverpool, although City sources have told ESPN that the chants were an unfortunate consequence of comments made by Klopp in his prematch news conference when he said rival clubs could not compete with the wealth of Gulf-owned clubs such as City, Paris Saint-Germain and Newcastle United.

What thoroughly absurd framing. Distraction from those involved in the club is understandable, expected even. But reporters dont need to launder those pathetic defenses by just uncritically airing them. How is, “Klopp questioned the integrity of competition when outside money is funneled into the game to this degree (notable, without mentioning the illegality of it) so we were backed into a corner and forced to chant murderers at them and blame them for the death of their own loved ones” something an argument a reporter can think is aired in good faith to just write it verbatim?

How does a reporter actually write this shit?

9 Likes

This is their sportswashing media machine in full flight… They spend loads of money on getting the right comms out there to take attention away from any negative publicity about their spending.

6 Likes

Sitting on his new office chair using his top of the range iPad sent by a ‘mystery’ donor allegedly.

1 Like

And so it continuous …

1 Like

Fuck me, read this dirge

City dont just spend what they want. They are smart. Rather than over spend on Halaand last year they waited to get him cheaper knowing he was then available to any club willing to pay him a guaranteed million pounds a week.

3 Likes

Shurely Shum Mishtake…
https://twitter.com/BigSve/status/1582302942937632768?s=20&t=RkUoR0dsBLK-FzBysep1KA

7 Likes

Stopped at “Harry Kane would be their striker.”

Spurs stood firm on their crazy valuation of 150-200m, City DID NOT VALUE HIM that highly enough to justify spending that amount…they easily could have and no one couldv’e done a damn thing to stop it.

2 Likes

Absolutely pathetic. As I was reading it felt like watching one of the Sunday politics shows and listening to a Trump lacky be given a platform to explain why Biden is the real threat to national security.

3 Likes

Yes. It is reasonable to argue City have actually spent their money well and have managed to avoid falling into the trap that Utd have where selling clubs hold them over a barrel. But the result is still paying fees for players to be back ups who would be record transfer fees for the majority of the league and having a wage bill out of the stratosphere.

3 Likes

I just hope Jurgen has lit the blue touch paper on the Cheaters corrupt club… let’s get more facts out into the open, let’s get it talked about more in the press conferences… Eddie Howe the prick has stated publicly he would never lose it like Jurgen did on Sunday… That might be so… he just loses most of his matches instead…!
If Legoman and the Arse fans lose the PL this season by one point to them, let’s see if they can keep the sportswashing agenda to themselves without spouting about the unfairness of it all…

3 Likes

Matip and Konate as well, it’s obvious one would start ahead of Gomez.

2 Likes

I clicked on the article just to check whether Mark Ogden wrote it and I honestly didn’t read a word. He’s got previous with Liverpool, some things really never change.

2 Likes

His whole bench lost it when Carvalho scored a late winner.

4 Likes

I rewatched the match. City didn’t get a clear scoring chance in the second half.

Haaland is an extremely good player, but there is no doubt they are a different side than any other under Pep with him leading the line.

2 Likes

I watched it again…and noticed both Haaland and Foden have the same reaction to not getting the ball, they look at the rest of the team, don’t run back and help defend and mumble to themselves…if I was a good lip reader, I could’ve picked up on the Haaland comment…looked like…“am I never going to score here”…be team players not play for yourselves…

2 Likes

ESPN inherited a really good site (soccernet) and ran it downhill with the blogification of it, giving platforms to clearly biased writers with a focus on a specific club. Most from that era have moved on, but Ogden appears to have stuck around and repositioned a general reporter/analysts, but you can never read anything from him without a pro-utd bias shining through.

4 Likes

what a load of fucking shite,

reads like it was written by a 12 year for an English exam in his first year in secondary school,

my favourite bit…

City spent 60 per cent of their revenue on wages, Liverpool 61 per cent, although City’s wage bill is 8.1 per cent higher, £309m to £284m.

the % been spent on wages maybe true, but it theres no mention of some of Man City’s revenues coming from a company with 1 employee and been run from a 1 bedroom flat in Watford!

6 Likes

Daily Heil ought to be called out on this lack of journalistic integrity…

But then again that’s their entire output.

2 Likes

News about Man City’s finances has largely disappeared from the public narrative. Since Der Spiegel brought revelations, and then the CAS case and so on, they have ducked and dived and continued to move forward, amassing trophies, unencumbered and undamaged by the truth.

From the time they lawyered up and put UEFA in their box, threatening them in the process, it seems as though no-one in the game - UEFA, Prem, FA - is big enough, or brave enough, to take them on.

The whole pundit class are a bunch of mewling sycophants too. Either bought and paid for, or too stupid to see the blinding football and expensively assembled squad and ask, “Where did this come from?”

As for journalists, it is an easy assignment to dig into this story. Just start with the companies that sponsor Man City for millions, and investigate whether or not they are real businesses who can afford to do that.

We live in a world where everyone is being beaten down and shaped according to the will of Man City’s Abu Dhabi overlords…

So step forward Jurgen Klopp.

A giant of a man.

It’s impossible to say where this will go from here, but the fact that Man City’s finances are even being mentioned again is refreshing to see. I hope it continues to rumble on, until there might be one or two others who will dare to stick their head above the parapet.

Until that day comes, take a bow Jurgen. We are all with you.

15 Likes