Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I would say the one Alisson saves is pretty clear, Haaland is rushed into hitting it but he hits it pretty well.

1 Like

Or that their major new gambling sponsorship is a company no one has ever heard of, doesn’t even have a website and is based in Saudi Arabia where gambling is illegal. Sounds legit to me.

7 Likes

White line Pep.
He’s used to them :grinning:

2 Likes

To be fair to him he saw the white line and is all over it.

As usual :+1:

2 Likes

Have they though? When your transfer business and wage structure is shrouded in secrecy and heavily linked to PO boxes in the Cayman Islands I have real trouble believing all their transfer business is as they say it is.

2 Likes

Samuel has previous on justifying cheaty’s financial antics. He is apparently totally opposed to the LFC, manure, spuds, and whoever isn’t an oil club threat to the top four. Cheaty is good for the premiership, no matter what financial crap they are guilty of, according to his logic. He’ll be like a dog with two, now that the barcodes have been reincarnated. He also works for the Fail, if anyone has any doubts about his bona fide.

1 Like

I saw a City fan on twitter say “no one can dispute what Martin Samuel has written today” and without even looking for it I knew the article would be total shite. Martin Samuel could very well be the worst journalist in the country.

2 Likes

When you have all the money in the world it’s easy to fall into the trap of pursuing big name expensive players, the sort the fans are independently demanding you sign and the ones that end getting you into a bidding war with Utd and PSG. In very few cases since Txiki has been at the club have those been the players they have gone after. Maybe only twice…Kane and Messi. Most of their signings have still cost them good money, money that most other clubs in the league cannot spend once on a player let alone multiple times per window, window after window, but individually each signing has been lower profile than their wealth and status would afford them. Individually then their approach and the sort of player they have gone after is not too dissimilar to us, preferring a player the manager wants who the fans have never seen play rather than the flavour of the moment, the more obvious choice.

The difference then with us is less of approach, and more the volume of moves they are able to make. They can risk objectively big money on someone like Ake because if it doesnt work out they go out the next summer and get another 50 million quid CB. We go for Konate, our version of the smart buy but unfinished article and know that if it doesnt work we’ve spunked our allocation.

1 Like

The response from the media is why I advocated for Liverpool to cross the line and retaliate - by all means fair or foul. Build a dirt unit and seek to trash cheaty, their owners and staff at every opportunity. If possible even cross some othre boundaries and look to make the environment of playing for cheaty seem unattractive. Ultimately the hydrocarbon cunts have to be removed from the game.

2 Likes

1 Like

This culture of gaslighting and distraction starts in their government, is the norm in the boardroom, and filters down to the fans who think an honest statement is just cause to unleash hateful language. It’s all part of the sportswashing. It’s disgusting and disgraceful. The regimes that own these clubs should not even be allowed in the UK, much less set up their PR machines in our national game.

4 Likes

Shit just got real
Jurgen Klopp sues over claims his comments inflamed tensions before Man City game (msn.com)

Take them down Klopp

6 Likes

The reaction from Man City against Klopp is way over the top.

Indicative of being guilty as charged.

Hopefully the legal case will make their finances talked about all the more, and will have the opposite outcome of them trying to suppress a reasonable man expressing a reasonable opinion, when asked at his press conference.

The custodians of the game did not protect it from the sports washers, which is why we have this sort of thing happening now.

It might well turn out that it will be down to world class coaches like Jurgen, a real leader in the game, and known for his sporting integrity, to confront the sports washers.

Then possibly the Barcelona fans who are bringing a case against PSG over Messi might also help to bring necessary change.

I have a feeling that Jurgen Klopp’s legal action, I’m sure backed to the hilt by FSG, might be THE case that is needed for the sport to be saved.

And at that point, shame on the authorities for not doing their jobs long before it got to this point.

Who knows what the outcome of all this might be? A new Super League, with sporting integrity, and the sports washers excluded?

Or financial reform, such that FFP becomes a real thing? Transparent and enforceable?

Football is tribal, but I hope this case blows up, and the bulk of the footballing world falls into step with Klopp to fight the sports washers.

5 Likes

I don’t follow football on Twitter but this popped up on my feed.

8 Likes

When did he do this? Was it during this match?

If yes, there is no excuse and he should indeed be charged. Or, the charges against Klopp should be dropped. Surely it can’t be that he gets away with this kind of behaviour, and Klopp gets charged at the same time?

It’s patently obvious what these devious cunts are upto. Just because they have the money and the influence to corrupt national and european football associations , are we really just expected to say there’s nothing we can do about it ?

2 Likes

Yes, that Haaland lad has been a revelation. Just popped up from nowhere. :wink::nerd_face:

1 Like

Not Sunday’s game as Mike Dean is the fourth official. From Keane and Richards’ comments it may be last season. Milner on Foden perhaps? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Could be any game in any season where Pep and Man City dont get their own way

4 Likes

Fair play to Sam…

5 Likes