Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Unfortunately the PL is a business, so they can do as they please. There will certain amounts of palm greasing that will make the PL find nothing was done wrongly.

They should also strip the cunts of their European silverware.

Oh wait

4 Likes

Presumably HMRC will get involved too.

3 Likes

Just crossed my mind that a word with Cancello might be fruitful.

I have little faith in this. HMRC chase the little people and harass them - million and billionaires do as they please.

1 Like

At least the PL have had the balls to not close their two eyes on Abu Dhabiā€™s cheating methods. So, what happens next now? An ā€˜independentā€™ commissionā€¦ cue brown envelopes doing the roundsā€¦ :see_no_evil:

In the end though, if the punishment is too hefty for them, and not some little fine of a few peanuts, I guess that Man City will appeal and bring the case to the CASā€¦

Works fine in America, why are we scared of having more information?

3 Likes

It rather depends on how payments have been made to players. With Rangers it was ā€œdisguised remunerationā€ tax avoidance schemes. So, in effect, making payments that should have been treated as taxable income but for which tax was avoided. If City have made payments to players which were designed to avoid tax then they are in deep water. If the payments were still taxed as income but merely disguised to the football authorities then it is less clear.

4 Likes

They allegedly broke the rules around a 100 times over a 9 year period? Just wanted to repeat that. Not that Iā€™m surprised.

4 Likes

Itā€™ll never be mentioned, itā€™ll never get any coverage, ā€œbrushed under the carpetā€ comes to mindā€¦the money people will sort that outā€¦and in the the end the sun will shine out of their bottomsā€¦

1 Like

Actually I think some of this will stick. Relegation, transfer ban, huge fine etc. All on the table. Hello Chelsea.

So it turns out weā€™d be level with United on 23 league titles.

:slight_smile:

In fairness to Blue Moon there are quite a lot of sensible voices on this.

There is also some guy saying that this was timed to coincide with the anniversary of the Muncih Air Disaster, so you knowā€¦ swings and roundabouts.

Given that Blue Moon more resembles 4Chan than a football forum thesedays its surprisingly a decent reaction.

I wonder how many Haaland would score in the Championship/League One/League Twoā€¦

They are already being humiliated, i think.
I hope Man City get taken to the Cleaners.

I think every single EPL club will push for points deduction for Man City.

How many times can Man City get away with it? If they do, it taints the whole game of football in general. FIFA and UEFA will not want it, as they have already damaged their reputation. Also, all the other top class clubs who regularly play European cup will want Man City punished too.

Edit: if, if the titles are taken away from Man City and given to us and Man Uted, i have no qualms having them. I will celebrate.

9 Likes

None, heā€™ll fuck off to Madrid if it ever comes down to that.

The Premier league themselves have found over 100 breaches of Financial regulations by Man Cheaty,if anyone knows the rules its them,plus the fact UEFA found them guilty of some of the same offenses.

CAS never found them not guilty,Cheaty got off on a technicality where a time bar of 5 years meanā€™t they had a fine plus a 2 season ban from the CL overturned and reduced to just a Ā£30mill fine.

If this goes to CAS there is no 5 year time bar and everything they are/were guilty of,plus an extra 5 or 6 more years of rules broken,should still stand.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it can go to CAS. But I wonder if CAS themselves can re-open?

The even more cynical take is that the league will know a big punishment will have negative repercussions for them and so will want to appear to punish them, but not in a way that rebounds. In a season in which they look like they arent winning the league anyway, they will be given a points deduction but only enough to keep them in 4th place. On its surface it looks big enough to allow everyone to draw a line under it, but one that has no practical implications costing City only prize money that is completely irrelevant to them.

If you are in proximity of City fans it is critical this lie is rejected. They were not cleared. They were found guilty by UEFA and given a punishment. CAS intervened, but not on the verdict, only on the punishment. They avoided consequences on a technicality, and based on a reading of the law that most experts seemed to think was unusual (essentially rewarding obstruction of justice and validating it as a means of drawing out a charge past the SoL).

7 Likes

I didnā€™t think it could but with people saying it will and end up being overturned by them like last time,i just donā€™t think it will (if it could),or if it goes to an independent panel,i think that time bar saved them last time,with it off the table now,its opened the case right up.