Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

This was my first thought to be honest. City can perhaps walk away from this season without any of the other stuff hanging over them going forwards.

1 Like

They canā€™t do either apparently.

1 Like

Relegate the cheating bastards and strip them of all their titles

1 Like

At a season where citeh is likely not gonna be champs, this comes up? If it came out last season, we would have another title.

3 Likes

I disagree.
When Ben Johnson was disqualified the silver medal moved to gold.
The efforts our players put in on the two occasions City won so closely should be rewarded. They were beaten by cheats, therefore they are the winners.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be ok on the PL scrubbing those PL titles and leaving them blank to be honest as with the Tour de France.

But I would absolutely love it if became open season on City where other clubs were open to taking legal action for losses as a result of Cityā€™s cheating. Massive longshot and unlikely but I would laugh.

Do they have any sponsors not linked to Abu Dhabi?

2 Likes

I understand all the cynicism, but I think the PL will throw the book at City so as to underline that the ā€œWorldā€™s Best Football Leagueā€ TM is entirely above board and does not condone any shenanigans. After all, they wouldnā€™t want their sponsors to think that there was anything corrupt about the ā€˜productā€™.

Maybe Iā€™m being optimistic, but I see expulsion from the Premier league and a massive fine of at least 100,000,000.

2 Likes

Pep the baldy hypocrite.

Nothing significant will happen, and nothing will change. Theyā€™re just a symptom of the corruption, greed and moral bankruptcy that has taken over the game, like everything else, not the cause of it.

3 Likes

City owners explaining the facts to pep

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

1 Like

Now that other teams apart from us are challenging for the title (in particular Man U and Arsenal) Iā€™m sure the Premier League will be happy to punish City. But if they are found guilty I hope the years since the investigation started are also looked at (2018 onwards).

I canā€™t wait for Pepā€™s next press conference! Might be a bit squeeky bum time for him.

1 Like

Have some empathy for Pep, heā€™s been lied to, by his friends, clearly the victim here.
:sneezing_face:

2 Likes

Still waiting for them to launch an investigation into Cityā€¦

Money laundering is Londonā€™s main source of income. Without that theyā€™d be on their way to being as financially fucked as the rest of the country. London is the wealthiest area in Northern Europe, but 6 out of the 10 poorest areas are in England and Wales. The poorest 10% in this country are poorer than the poorest 10% in Slovenia now, and it stays pretty similar up to 50%. We are a poor country with a rich capital, thatā€™s all. We need that lovely illegal cash, (until someone starts a war and then we come over all ethical and confiscate a few yachts).

4 Likes

They went after Rangers up north, so have proven that when it suits them, they can go after the bigger boys

i wonder if this is why Newcastle havent gone bat shit crazy in their spending.
Maybe someone told them this was gonna happen to City so they have been more careful.

That was the other clubs, they all voted to relegate them.

This is what could happen here, if proven.

1 Like

The other clubs only went after them as HMRC wound the club up over unpaid taxes.

The newly reformed clun thought they would be able to just take the old clubs place in the SPL, but the other clubs agreed they needed to start at the bottom of the pyramid and earn their spot