Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Unless again, big brown envelopes makes their way to the club’s owners outside the state-funded clubs…Then they might not get relegated…

I think so too.

The Premier League is trying to fend of the threat of independent regulation. I think they are going to make a show of City to prove they can regulate their own affairs.

2 Likes

All of the above please.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Doesn’t the bottom one make everything else obsolete?

I’d like to think of it as a fixed menu rather than picking options.

1 Like

I wouldn’t disagree with much of what you said (not that I’d necessarily agree either), but I’d just like to point out that London also contains some of the UK’s most deprived local authority areas, including Newham where many of those banks are based.

People living in London also get shafted a lot, it’s a story that’s very much about which few privileged people get to benefit from the wealth.

To bring this back on topic, I don’t even care so much about the sporting sanctions, I care more that what looks very much on the surface like financial crimes being committed doesn’t seem to be investigated by the authorities. Guess it’s one rule for the rich and another for the poor, except the “victims” in this case aren’t exactly paupers either.

They’ll hire a squad of attorneys as elite and dirty as their players and make this match go into multiple overtimes. I wouldn’t get hopes up.

But if I were one to get hopes up, how about a punishment of reinstating Mark Hughes as manager on a non-cancellable ten-year contract?

IF this does go through (they have to have some serious evidence to announce this) then we’re going to be rather grumpy about the results of recent seasons. Imagine them being stripped of last year’s title and us getting it
Hell Yeah Damages GIF

1 Like

I’ve launched the bat-signal, he should be here shortly.

2 Likes

There is someone else putting his hand up for that gig

A throwback to the time City bought Noah Fielding

1 Like

Have we or have we not been telling people/other teams/reporters/supporters/PL/CL , that this team live dangerously near the cheating level…did anyone listen…NO…but u shouldve done.

1 Like

I don’t think it stretches to last year. Isn’t it 08/09 to 18/19. It would be the 13/14 and 18/19 seasons that affect us.

Something seriously wrong going on… @Mascot and @Klopptimist are agreeing on something.

War News GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

I wonder how good the PL’s lawyers are vs Citeh’s lawyers…

There is loads we agree on!

1 Like

Treble :sunglasses:

1 Like

City have refused to give any more info since 18/19 so will have to if found guilty on the other charges.

2009/10 through 2017/18.