Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

10mil fine and ask them not to do it again.

The politics of this are really interesting.

There is the threat of independent regulation circling football, based on the idea that football cannot be trusted to regulate itself. The Premier League have rejected that idea, whilst City have been allowed to ride roughshod over the idea of fair competition.

There is also the European situation, and the nervousness across Europe of the PL distorting football.

I can see a scenario playing out where European football reorganises itself into sub-continental regional league, to buttress the influence and power of the premier.

I short, I think the PL know they have to get this right.

1 Like

Well, as long as it looks believable, it can be done.

Man City got done in because they cannot justify their revenues especially the sponsorship ones where it comes largely from the Middle East with very obvious shell companies funding it.

LFC is a whole different marketing game altogether due to its rich history in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s and 2020s. I get why a lot of non-LFC fans are saying LFC with ME money will practically destroy the competition in England and Europe mainly because LFC itself can already attract big-names sponsorship. It can certainly easily justify another yearly 100 million-200 million ( or even 300 million if the potential new owners and the new marketing director pull their weight) from various legitimate companies of whom are friends with the new owners worldwide. It will easily make LFC the new revenue giant of England and it will pose a huge threat to the Spanish cunts.

Can you imagine :rofl: Itā€™s more than I dare to dream but I would never stop grinning, like ever. Whenever I felt down I would just think of it and be ok again. Iā€™ve been using that lad out of East 17 running his own head over to snap me out of it for years now and even that is wearing a bit thin.

1 Like

The Europeans have seemed happy enough to let PSG completely distort football though. To the point where their chairman is one of the top dogs at UEFA and also owns Bein. Isnā€™t it a bit late in the day for them to suddenly be crying about unfair competition ?

1 Like

Not surprised at all. I mean everyone would be curious what they got to say regarding it. However, I wasnā€™t able to stay for too longā€¦ there was a strong smell of burning plastic.

1 Like

No. Theyā€™d been in the premier league for the best part of a decade already. The season before this group bought them, they were bought by a Thai group who installed Sven and spent heavily on the side (for the time). The spent most that season in or around the CL spots and despite an end of season collapse that saw Sven lose his job they still had their best finish, 9th, in decades.

3 Likes

If you look at the finances of European football pre and post FFP it is clear it is had a huge effect in stabilizing things. What is often understated in this is the effect of external money that was pumped into the system and circulated to help prop up these formerly heavily underwater clubs. The clubs understand the role PSG have played in this and while clubs like us and Utd might have complained, in places like Belgium and Sweden, leagues with no hope of competing with them but exposed to the increase money running through the system, theyā€™re ok with the tradeoff.

2 Likes

Was it Barca or Real that spoke out against them?

:partying_face:

5 Likes

Both Barca and Real have spoken out vociferously as have the league itself though Tebas. But that is the point, you cannot judge the overall attitude to something by the loud voices of those with the most coverage who feel most negatively affected by it.

1 Like

We all have an insider dont weā€¦from Bluemoon

Spoke to someone I know at the club this morning, and itā€™s certainly allayed my fears a bit. Canā€™t go into too much detail, but the club knew this was coming, even if the timing caught them out a bit, and are confident that weā€™ll be cleared of the most serious charges.

1 Like

So, not all the charges!

Is this the same lad who has been saying for years that Liverpool are about to be shafted for corruption.

1 Like

PussyPep

Man City expect Pep Guardiola to leave | JOE.co.uk
Staff at Manchester City expect Pep Guardiola to leave the club before any possible sanctions for breaching financial rules come into effect.

Boo fucking hoo. Off you pop, Pep.

6 Likes

They refused to cooperate for the last 5, and there is a charge for that as well. I think.

If they were shown to be cheating prior to 2018/19 they could then have the titles taken away from them,but after 2018/19 for the same thing to happen ,wouldnā€™t there need to be another investigation proving they were still cheating.The non cooperation itself is not enough of an offence to warrant taking titles away.

1 Like

I Think the forum is broken. This has been replied to at least 3 times (now 4), but the op is not showing any replies.

1 Like

Imagine being a straight A student, going into an exam with the answers written on your hand then complaining when you get caught that your legacy as a student is ruined and you donā€™t deserve it.

Fuck. Right. Off. You knew what you were getting into Pep when you decided to be part of the cheating. Suck eggs.

6 Likes