Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

That is pretty clear. But the point is that even while the PL were knees deep into the investigation of City using this relationship to violate spending rules, they pretended to believe Staveley’s argument that PIF was not an arm of the state and has sufficient independence to be treated no differently than any other investment firm, many of which have bought football clubs

3 Likes

Yes it fails the bullshit test.

Interesting, one of the things the new UEFA spending regulations have done is eliminate consideration of relatedness between the sponsor and the club. Moving forward they wont even try to make that argument and instead limit all deals, regardless of the source, to only be consistent with an independent panel’s determination of fair market value.

1 Like

Hopefully they keep the max at a reasonable amount. You just know that City and PSG will have every single sponsor at max of fair market value. (All the ones they control).

Yeah, I dont know how it will work in practice. Was it the Chevron deal Utd did that was considered eye watering and market resetting? A certain reading of these new regs would seemingly limit this sort of smart, ruthless negotiating from a legit marketing team.

Also, what is to stop Abu Dahbi just setting up shell companies to sponsor city with contracts that are market value, but of the type where most teams just have 1 and City have 12?

Im sure smarter people than me have thought about it and have a plan for it though :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Any reasonable link between shell companies and football club owners and they shouldn’t be able to use them.

Since the news of the charges were disclosed, it has predominately been the clubs in the PL that have been voicing their opinions on the matter… The Cheaters have the whole of Europe to contend with when the CL begins again… For every round they progress, the team they knocked out are going to jump on the bandwagon of criticism… especially when it gets to the latter stages !

2 Likes

Some of the students that go to games on cut price tickets should join in :rofl:

Should not forget their close ties to OKX and X8Bet. Not your state sponsored ties but sponsorships that appear dodgy as fuck.

Taking X8bet as an example. X8Bet was only set up mid 2021 and the ceo photo is literally the same photo used to sell photo frames. :flushed:

Limited (or basically no) details known about the company/owners/employees. Listed phone numbers and addresses are a phone shop shack and the Marriott hotel in Hanoi. Despite being registered as a company from south east Asia all enquires go to a media company in Dubai. Where their only client is X8Bet.

Looks like a shell company and nothing else whose aim is to funnel model into the club.

6 Likes

bit cynical that mate…

Wonder what the legend himself ‘Statman Gaz’ thinks about the new charges.

1 Like

It’s gone very quiet news wise…hasn’t it…ploy by the shitty…keep quiet, put it in the back of the filing…and everyone will forget the cheating we’ve got ourselves into…

I think (hope?) that every set of opposition fans will get stuck into them from this point on.

Cheats. Cheats. Cheats.

A common, and persistent chant coming to football games very soon? Let’s hope so.

7 Likes

Quiet football week.

Yeah, the accounting department of Manchester City.

Hoping for him to call back in. Classic clip. Ronnie Pickering level.

2 Likes

Peps head will pop with anger if this happens

1 Like

I think he might cry actually.

You do realise these cunts have stolen 3 titles off us?

I will never ever forgive these disgusting fucking cheats for what they have deprived us of. The players, managers, fans…all missed out on what would have been massive, joyous occasions. Many people think we are paying the price this season physically and mentally for the effort we’ve had to put in over the past 4/5 seasons and for what? A fucking title won behind closed doors that every cunt in the country begrudged us of.

I want these bastards crushed in the dirt. I never want to see them at Anfield again. I want cunts like Silva and Kompany to spend the rest of their lives knowing what they ‘won’ has no fucking merit whatsoever.

8 Likes

I want their kids to INSIST on being put into care out of embarrassment.