Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

It’s a good point, but it’s also relevant that a title charge with bastards and talents like Keown and Campbell leading the back line is different than going to west ham with a Holding and Gabriel at the back. Arsenal look to be missing Saliba. I dont know if that Arsenal side would have gone unbeaten if they had to play more games with Pascal Cygan in CD

Any team who comes close to Man City and gets pipped to the post by them by 1 or 2 points will have always have this problem. No wonder, players become mentally exhausted when coming close .

How can the rest of the top EPL clubs compete against Man City, with their bottomless funding ? UEFA tried to take them to court and still Man City got away with it. How can they be penalised for irregularities in FFP?

Man City are always going to get away with it, unless someneone/organisation is brave enough to take them on.

2 Likes

Rich.

If you take them on, they’ll just drag you through the courts until you run out of money. Far easier to just accept their brown envelopes in the first place.

2 Likes

So, will that mean them winning the league every year bar the odd year. All the EPL clubs might as well give up now then! :frowning_face:

if the authorities dont deal with it,

i hope footballls fans do something about,

Non attendance or falling attendances at grounds?

or in ground demo’s via banners or chants?

no way do the EPL want matches with empty stadiums or supporter demos beamed around the world,

it will ruin the EPL brand

1 Like

They’d sooner fellate whatever billionaire human-rights abusers buy their club…

6 Likes

From the same thread:

I haven’t actually been fussed who wins it given that we are not in the running, and I have absolutely zero interest in football outside of Liverpool, but I kind of want City to win it now just to pile additional pressure on the PL to ensure that they don’t drop the ball in their investigations on City, no matter how many lawyers City throw at them.

It’s nothing to do with Arsenal though. It’s not that I want to see them get a taste of the medicine we’ve been dealt with. We just need additional support from other PL teams.

5 Likes

Looks like The Cheaters are not making any friends along the road of picking up silverware. Bayern will begin to get on their case if they get dumped out of the CL, Arsenal will start moaning from the rooftops if they miss out on the PL title, and RM will be the big guns that will make most noise if the Cheaters scrape past them in the semi-finals… The Cheaters are like an annoying puss filled pimple, that is on its way to growing bigger and bigger. Until enough pressure is brought to bear, from football fans in general, or big European clubs, and they manage to squeeze that ever growing carbuncle, until the rancid smelling puss oozes out… only then can football return to some sort of normality.

Within the context of the stain on the game that is Abu Dhabi’s Manchester City, it is satisfying to see some others, notably Arsenal fans, talk about their side in comparison. Scored more than the invincibles, and have a good chance of getting more points, but might only come runner up because of a decade of systematic financial doping.

Welcome to the club.

It might start to get us more respect for what we have done over the past 4-5 years - multiple seasons better than Arsenal’s invincibles, not to mention 3 CL finals in 5 years. The trophy haul is not nearly what it should have been for a truly sublime Liverpool side. They should be heralded as greats.

Even if the respect isn’t quite there, I do take some satisfaction that the penny is starting to drop with some other fans.

If Arsenal lose the league it will hopefully bring back into focus the 100+ charges over Man City, that quickly disappeared from the public discourse.

And if Man City somehow manage to win the CL (I hope they don’t, but it feels only a matter of time) then a concerted effort against them from some European giants like Bayern Munich and Real Madrid will be welcome.

4 Likes

I sort of get the perspective, but I always hold firm to the idea that in football there is way more talent than can be scooped up by a small number of clubs. It’s not just that you can win without having any of the top 20 best players in the world, its that sometimes in football it is easier to win without those players, and the egos that come with it. Especially without having to fit multiple of those players into the same side. It can be easy to get down and feel defeated by it all, but surely a league win by Arsenal would be a rejuvination of the idea that we can have our own ideals and when implemented well we can still win

3 Likes

If the Cheaters do win the PL, and worse still, if it is only by a single point, I can imagine every Arsenal fan and his dog, looking back over every favourable, and contentious decision awarded to Fraudiola during this season… At least it saves LFC fans doing it again this time

8 Likes

100%.

City will win every game from here on in, guaranteed. Even if they’re struggling in a match, the officials will bail them out.

5 Likes

When I’m thinking about the 2023/24 Liverpool squad, you are probably right that an Arsenal win would be far more beneficial to their psyches, knowing that the mountain is not insurmountable. And in the short term, such advantages to the club are more important than the punishment of City.

Even more tickets for the Manchester Students’ Unions to sell.

3,000 Fan Zone? :joy:

4 Likes

Looks horrible from the outside, but they won’t care. All about either inventing or copying from others (you can see a bit of Spurs influence in this stand), anything that will generate more income during 365 days. I did expected them to do the same expansion of the other stand behind the goal, like they did a few years ago. But seeing as this might be the “final” expansion (at least for some while) of this ground, they’re going full mode with the last stand.

Expanding the stadium?

They must be confident of getting away with all the charges

1 Like

Well two Universities around 50k in total and Salford as well.

Enough students who may fancy it.

They not able to sell out what they already have :grin::grin:

But they’re able to pretend they do when they’re fiddling their finances, and that’s all that matters.

1 Like

Their average attendance this season, per competition:

PL: 53,203
CL: 51,622
FA Cup: 44,927
League Cup: 41,412

For comparison, ours is:

PL: 53,228
CL: 51,578
FA Cup: 52,636
League Cup: 52,608

1 Like