Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Yeah, sure. I guess City just have a lot of fans who prefer to watch from the concourse rather than their seats, it must be that infamous Manchester weather.

3 Likes

Just saw a video from the former owner of the Oakland Athletics who talked about making up attendance figures because theirs was worse than some AAA Baseball teams. Said last game of the season there was an anonymous donor who bought 40k tickets which made them finish 29th (out of 30) in MLB for attendance. The anonymous donor was himself.

Cityā€™s attendances are better than most assume but thereā€™s no way they get 53k people in there every week. Itā€™s pure lies.

5 Likes

Weā€™re still twice the bigger club overall, so our following is much more wider and international. Thatā€™s no yesterdayā€™s news, weā€™ve been on the scene before the end of 00ā€™s. Donā€™t see why they shouldnā€™t expand if they can. We would expand larger if we could, as well. Itā€™s not like theyā€™re in a Juventus at the Delle Alpi situation. Those are still pretty good numbers.

1 Like

3 Likes

The queue for pies was long

2 Likes

Looks photoshopped, Iā€™ve never seen the Etihad so full.

2 Likes

I agree with these posts, but unfortunately, the ship has sailed already. Even if Abu Dhabi are somehow taken down (with the corrupt people currently in charge of football, I donā€™t believe one second that there is a chance for this to happen), there will be other clubs doing the exact same thing: Newcastle in England, PSG in France. Thatā€™s without considering the perspective opf the red mancs being taken over by a Qatari consortium.

The only way football could be restored to a state of some common sense, would be to see an organization from the outside imposing new rules. No idea who that could be though. Most politicians are every little bit as incompetent and corrupt as the football reps.

2 Likes

Every time you look at a game there, there are half-filled stands. Nah, thereā€™s just no way they reach these figures.

2 Likes

There was empty seats against us.

Yeah there will be season tickets holders who canā€™t make it but not on the scale Iā€™ve seen in some league matches.

They are evidently screwing the figures, I wonder if they even resell on season tickets if a fan canā€™t make it or just pay the money back and count it as a seat.

1 Like

The funny thing is they SHOULD be able to use the student discount thing to their PR advantage. I know plenty of people who created (so far) life long affiliations with a club close to where they went to Uni, and City could be playing that up. They could even play up the altruistic side of it - Football is too expensive and we want to give opportunities to people to experience it. Expanding their capacity to give a greater number of people affordable access to the nationā€™s pasttime that has become unaffordable for most should be a PR boon.

But instead they try to hide what theyā€™re doing to pretend they are bigger than they are.

6 Likes

As Shanks said, you first have to believe youā€™re the best and then make sure you are.

:slightly_smiling_face:

So they will be diverting the New Full-back Money to buy new fans from now on?

Yup Swansea did it very well when I worked there.

Got to see their European campaign, but then Swansea have a community feel about them. These donā€™t.

300m into executive suits that will be ā€œsold outā€ every game buy individuals from the Abu Dhabi, with prices at 3 x market value.

4 Likes

gotta admit, itā€™s pretty fā€™ing smart.

Latest installment in the dick measuring contest by the looks of it.

If you believe them. I donā€™t get you sometimes. The point isnā€™t that they can expand if they want, the point is they are fixing the attendances. But you always talk very benevolently about City. Strange.

3 Likes

Abu Dhabi plant. Heā€™s deep cover.

I was not talking about that, but whether they could fill (and how often) it in the future. I was intersted what the numbers say. Never heard clubs fix attendances, any proof of that in this case? And thereā€™s nothing strange. Iā€™m not a City nor a Chelsea fan, but I donā€™t copy opinions and have my own. Youā€™re a grown up man (probably), you shouldnā€™t be that bothered about my opinions, Iā€™m just a fan like you.

Or maybe Iā€™m a secret agent. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, youā€™re own eyes.

Iā€™m not but itā€™s a forum for discussion, I thought youā€™d know that being a mod.

I beg to differ. It is strange that you always speak so well of them.

Each to their own.