Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I’m not a mod, never was and don’t want to be.

Not always, depends what aspect about them.

Plastic club.

Built on financial cheating.

One of the best managers in the world. But he’s a cunt. Yet to prove that he can turn a club without CL into a title winning team without huge loads of money.

Doubt City will compete for the title every year when Peps gone.

2 Likes

As I said each to their own. Anyway, mod or not you know it’s discussion forum. So it’s a mute point. Smacks of deflection. Glad there are aspects of Man City you admire.

1 Like

Nothing about the club really. They don’t have enough in their history or nothing particular about their recent culture. They’re just meh to me. We’ll see if they get properly punished for certain accusations, but unfortunately I don’t have much faith. Also hard for me to know what really happened due to either a lack of more information or my general knowledge about certain things. It’s a very dirty business, that I know, being told from someone who was inside it. Comes as no surprise probably. As for the footballing side, yeah, I do. Pep’s the best in his era so far in my opinion, but we’ve already gone through that a while ago. I respect and admire how they play and like a number of their players (but that I can find in any team, especially top ones). We don’t have to get each other, not over everything. Impossible. If it’s each to their own, and I agree, then let it be.

if its like Australia, which i assume is the case…its not ‘fixed’ per se…a ticket sold goes to attendance records…so if i sell all of my tickets in the west commercial wing on 1500 packages and theres 1000 tickets to sell, the attendance is counted at 1000…even if there is only 3 people in the room.

General admission i assume would be different, in that if its sold at the gate, it’d have to be a human body through the turnstiles to count.

so it IS a rort if all of a sudden, your attendance and income from that attendance is factored into something like FFP…when all you have to do is sell those 1000 tickets a game to say, someone like a sponsor who may or may not be an airline who may or may not have a vested interest in funnelling money through your club.

its business, its legit, but its not in the spirit of any sport, where hard work, honesty and playing by the rules are meant to be rewarded.

1 Like

There’s 2 points being made.

1. They’re trying to appear bigger than they are.
  2. More importantly it allows them to sportswash even more. Ie, Give the appearance of individuals buying tickets when it’s really themselves who are buying them, thus allowing them to flaut FFP rules.

But hey, Pep’s a genius.

2 Likes

Oof, that’s just pretty bizarre as you don’t get the latter without the former and that sort of ‘yeah, but the football’ is one of the things we’ve been railing about when it comes to football coverage. I’m sorry but that’s just a poor take on things. We all have the right to an opinion and if that’s yours then nobody can stop you from having it but I’m of the opinion that it is pretty shit one to have especially seeing as what should have been a golden era for us has been shafted by them.

We probably would have had at least 3 league titles in the last 5, instead they’re on the cusp of 5 of the last 6 themselves. Fuck them and fuck their ‘football and their players’.

4 Likes

Another money laundering exercise.
They don’t even own the stadium.

Be like me renting a house from someone on here, and saying I’m going to put an extension on it.

Irregular.

2 Likes

Pep really isn’t the genius some think.
CL final vs Chelsea illustrates that point best.

If the authorities don’t sanction them for the obvious corruption, then walk away from football.

As @wyld.at.hrt says above
We are the club most cheated by these cunts

5 Likes

Yeah, for the tenth or whichever time, that’s also fair. You all know my opinion for a while now, so no need to be surprised or shocked every time.

Expanding the stadium will also increase the owner’s leverage amongst the local politicians.

Expanding the stadium projects them as something they are not, and never will be to the footballing world on televised CL nights. They probably even thinking of hosting it if they ever get the ground to a bigger capacity

1 Like

I’m not. I just call it out every time, and will continue to do so. That sort of magnanimity towards blatant cheating that has affected us directly and adversely should not be aired on any Liverpool forum without it being called out for what it is.

Okay. :slight_smile:

Also it’s hilarious that Guardiola’s considered the best manager.

Let’s see him take over a team that actually has to watch its budget and can’t churn through superstars, shall we?

6 Likes

Or any other football forum imo. How much £ has their cheating cost clubs one way or another? Lost European revenue, pl revenue, higher transfer fees and wages?

3 Likes

Just chiming in on Man City. Awful cheats, obviously, and over the last five years or so we have won a lot less than we otherwise would have. We have had a great side that should go down in history, but there’s a sense in which we won some stuff - everything there was to win to be fair - but were also nearly men.

We were cheated as fans, the players were cheated, and one of the greatest managers has been cheated too. On the odd occasion Jurgen has started to speak up about Man City’s cheating, he has been slapped down, and the narrative was quickly changed.

There is nothing about Man City that has any merit. Of course I can see the good football and the good players, but so what? It’s a sham. It is not earned, they have done it by brazen cheating, and there is nothing to celebrate there.

The authorities appear to have a bit more traction than before, with the Prem bringing 100+ charges, but it has all gone quiet, and after they defeated UEFA and CAS by lawyering the shit out of it, time barring what they could, and sticking their own people on the CAS panel, few fans are hopeful that they will be brought to account.

What can be done?

Bin the whole game off, as it is rotten?

Some are doing that, or at least if not quite a clean break, they are falling out of love and a certain distance or apathy is setting in.

What can be done?

Protest by fans, en masse? To make sure that Man City cheating is at least kept in the new cycle?

I don’t see the stomach for the fight, or the unity required, but I might be wrong. Instead there’s almost a shrug of the shoulder, or even a bitter resignation, at what the game has become, and how the custodians of it have corruptly allowed it.

Maybe government is the answer? But then again, this is just a sport! Many will rightly argue that government has much bigger fish to fry, and should not be getting involved in the running of football. There’s also a reasonable question as to whether government has the ability to do it satisfactorily, since it is easy to point to myriad half baked government policies in other areas of life.

It’s a tough one. But all I know is that Man City are corrupt and nothing they achieve in this Abu Dhabi era has any merit.

2 Likes

How? I’ve read that pieces about the city council are basically in their pocket because of the community investment the club has done, so do you just mean that spending more money in the community gives them even more leeway?

I’m always shocked by ignorance.

1 Like