Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

You forgot the word cheque book, he is a cheque book manager. I would like to see him manage spurs and win Premier league and champions league. :grin::grin::grin:

The difference between Armstrong and City is that Armstrong wasn’t doing anything his competition weren’t also doing, that isn’t the case with City.

They are far, far worse.

8 Likes

I know many disagreed but it’s why I wanted them to win over the Arse this season. I can’t stomach the cheating cunts but I figured if it brought more attention to their crimes then the bitter pill might be worth swallowing this time around. We’re just a day into their ‘triumph’ and already the articles bemoaning the procession the league has turned into have appeared. Arsenal winning would have been a convenient way to avoid the truth and would possibly, imo, have caused more long term damage that with the rise of Newcastle may well have been irrecoverable.

I do feel somewhat sorry for Arsenal, they’ve gone about recovering from their disasters in the right way, spent some money along the way but have made a fist of it and then realised that a ‘normal’ challenge just isn’t going to cut it against that lot and faded away in the face of it. At least now one can feel the growing sense of anger in the league instead of just hearing laughter at the poor old scouses.

12 Likes

Yeah, ignoring what he was like while racing and post coming clean, I’ve seen some recent interviews, podcasts etc since and I still find myself wincing a bit.

2 Likes

Jack Black Yes GIF

The almost being Klopp preventing them from winning 6 in a row. Wonder how much more anti-City sentiment there would have been if they actually did get 6 on the bounce.

1 Like

They were all doping, but not all doping regimens are the same. What Lance did that went beyond what his competitors did was professionalize it in a way he likely did get more out of it. It is very to what City have done in that respect as it took professionals behind the scenes to create the infrastrucre required for them to brazenly break the rules.

2 Likes

I have definitely come around to this line of thinking.

3 Likes

I’ve just had a comment pulled on the BBC Sport website for simply stating that cheaty are still under investigation by the premier league, as I was getting nauseous at all the sucking up. No wonder all the comments seem to be self-congratulatory ones. Anything negative gets immediately pulled by the Thought Police at the BBC! How short memories are…

4 Likes

This 100%. Fuck you citeh, all the hydrocarbon cunts behind it and the players and staff who are part of it.

3 Likes

Pity it’s Chelsea they’re playing today.
A fitting statement from the other Premier League clubs would to agree to refuse to give these cunts a guard of honour today.
But given that Chelsea financially doped themselves into relevance, it would be hypocritical of them.

Saying that, none of the other clubs would have the bottle to make that statement either.

1 Like

Including us or Arsenal sadly. Would just be framed as being bitter anyway.

T’willl be interesting to see if they have the stomach to go past MU’s number of titles… would be so funny and sad, but funny, and I’ll hopefully have long since stopped being interested in fotty (or moved on)!

1 Like

The more clubs that do it the more crowded the field will get.

I do assume it will break at some point anyhow.

They will all probably go off and play in their own league at some point anyhow, isn’t that pretty much what LIV is in Golf.

1 Like

I am really curious how Real Madrid and Barca are viewing this situation. They have been confident in facing this challenge for about 10 years, but with Citeh very likely to break through this year, there might well be a shift. The combination of top 10 revenue and de facto unlimited capacity to run losses creates a whole new category of club, and Newcastle really presents the possibility of two of them.

If City wins the CL, the growth in their legitimate revenue is likely to make them the highest revenue club in the world.

That growth won’t be from shirt sales.

Unless both their fans buy a million each.

3 Likes

PSG as well.

Only a matter of time before a man utd is bought over and football becomes a dick measurement contest.

1 Like

No, PSG is not in the same category, because their league limits them. Their money artificially put them on the same level as the likes of Real, Barca, and Bayern. But they haven’t won a CL at this stage, and I don’t think anyone seriously thinks they will be in a position to dominate in Europe any time soon. As a matter of happenstance, PSG has caused more friction (the Neymar transfer). Nonetheless, players want to go to La Liga, not Ligue 1. PSG is sort of capped as just another serious competitor, albeit somewhat inauthentic and illegitimate.

Citeh doesn’t face that constraint, and Newcastle won’t either if they can consolidate as a CL perennial. The threat is of an entirely new class of competition

1 Like

Nope. They are in the same league as well. At this point , They will just buy every player and pay them to eventually win the league. It’s not about the likes of Neymar etc. What happens when they outblow city with their per week wages ? Which they will do. They’ll sleepwalk through the league and then the CL is theirs. City will still have to contend with tough matches throughout the league

PSG has been doing that for near a decade. Still haven’t mounted a serious threat, and I suspect that is precisely because they don’t play that many tough matches in their own league. Real Madrid and Barca cannot stand PSG, but Citeh is becoming something else. They already have the highest revenue in world football, a breakthrough win of the CL more than establishes them as a place to go if you want to win it all.