Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Nar, he comes off as a cunt. He is the 15 year old at the bar demanding shots, loudly "whooooo"ing, telling everyone how many drinks he on, and pissing all down his leg.

You can very easily criticise this form of loutishness without having to be the fun police.

3 Likes

I still to this day do not understand what Grealish adds to the City side.

So youā€™ve been out on the razz with @SBYM as well? :rofl:

1 Like

Plenty of hair waxes, sprays, gel, Iā€™d imagine a few blow dryers and maybe his own personal barber.

A good player but they couldā€™ve easily just bought in a player at a 1/3 of the price effectively to do the same job (hog the ball when no oneā€™s around him and falling over at any given opportunity)

1 Like

As much as I dislike him, he has been very useful for them this season, especially since the world cup. I dont think he has created as much as they expected him to, but he developed to the point that he never loses the ball. That is so essential to Pepā€™s game plan with the number of players in attacking positions they have and so much of their game plan is focused on losing the ball only in the right situations. They know that if they find themselves under even the slightest amount of pressure and are at risk of losing the ball and getting exposed, they can find him and at worst he will win a free kick. He has become a really valuable release valve as much as a genuine creative outlet for them.

Is that enough to justify the money? Probably not for anyone else, but his role there is appears to be very specific and he does it very well and city simply dont care about the value for money

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the above pics were fakes, or only a part of the truth:

Bus routes are usually a few miles long and inevitably have some sections with very few people. Those images from the City tour look a little weird as they appear to be in the city centre which is where you would expect people to congregate but maybe it was just early on the loop or wasnā€™t as central as the buildings make it look (Manchester is a big city).

Same images go around for every bus tour for every club with twitter always laughing about them. Same happens on our bus tours when they grab images of the bus going through housing estates early on and there are only a few people there.

Having said that, yes Man City donā€™t have as many fans as other big clubs. That much is obvious.

One thing Iā€™ll say for Grealish is that at least he is enjoying it. Itā€™s supposed to be a pinnacle of a football career to win the Champions League but you get the impression that many of these City players took it as the inevitable conclusion to their time at the club. Haaland was doing staged photoshoots on the pitch minutes after winning it. Itā€™s one reason Iā€™d be out on a similar ownership group for Liverpool, setting aside moral objections for a moment, it robs football of romance.

At the very least Grealish is celebrating the moment, unlike many of his teammates who seem to be expecting the moment. Grealish probably celebrates many moments in similar ways, to be fair, but itā€™s the closest youā€™ll get to passion from that entire club.

12 Likes

If heā€™s not causing any harm,which he isnā€™t,then leave him to it.Iā€™m sure plenty of us have celebrated important things in our lives in much the same way.

Not surprised. Disappointed that so many have been sucked into a world where City are acceptable.

1 Like

Some places are going be heavy some are going be light.

Thatā€™s how it is. I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s on par with what we had frankly. Expect a few of these to be wearing Newcastle kits in 10 years.

Tell ya what, you lot spend a lot of cerebral time thinking about those Citeh playersā€¦ more effort than Iā€™d give them, thatā€™s for certain.

fify. The Cheaties ainā€™t no big club.

1 Like

Apparently only 1 mile long and took an hour. which is about four hours less than ours usually last.

2 Likes

Was that long enough for Grealish to get car sick?

Or extras have been paid to attendā€¦.:rofl:

Yeah, Iā€™m always getting pissed up with hundreds, sorry tens, of thousands of people lining the streets to watch with millions watching on TV, including my parents.

1 Like

Do you really think anyone was watching that on TV?

Perhaps they were in Abu Dhabi, although I doubt if they appreciated the alcohol guzzling.

When You Realize Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

:joy: