Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

i stand corrected.

Jurgen Klopp and Jack Grealish are of the same moral fibre

Of all the things to be upset w.r.t citeh , this probably doesnā€™t even count.

2 Likes

the Boris Johnson defence ehā€¦ā€˜surely theres other shit things to worry aboutā€™

1 Like

7 Likes

or beer and vodka

Jack Grealish is what he is. Normally you could take it or leave it. Bit of a lad. Comes across as thick. Likes a drink and has a few tabloid tales in his locker.

Itā€™s not much of a shocker, and in the grand scheme of things, who cares?

However, when Liverpool fans comment, other factors are in play, not least the whole sordid enterprise that is Manchester City, being used by a corrupt state, and cheating their way to the top of the footballing world.

I have a quaint notion that an Englishman is all about fair play. It might be outdated, but Iā€™d like to think that if you are beaten, and someone was just better, then at least you have the good grace to say well played. It is a crucial component of sport.

That is just not possible with Manchester City. And while the injustice of what they are doing continues to go unchecked, the likes of Grealish will get short shrift.

2 Likes

I think the problem with JG is heā€™s celebrating as if itā€™s unexpected but theyā€™ve spent Ā£2 billion. Itā€™s annoying, added to his thickness.

3 Likes

The wanker doesnā€™t ever seem to have his hair up in the first place. As unprofessional as can get, and if not for his 100m fee, Pepā€™s pride, and a tendency to rotate, I donā€™t think he plays. Foden is way better, and has the right attitude. Its not bitterness, its just an observation. Wouldnā€™t want such a guy anywhere near our club.

Iā€™ve been out of the country for years, but you tend to remember the best of the place!

2 Likes

It seems like banishment from the PL (this year) is a no go, I think best that can be hoped for is pts deduction and transfer ban, assuming there is an actual judgement this season.

BREAKING: Riyad Mahrez has agreed a four-year deal with Saudi side Al Ittihad. [@spuerlilo]

Another one off to Saudi.

1 Like

I donā€™t think there will be a judgement this season. All the legal opinion at the time of the charges said buckle in for a couple of years.

It is understandable - the wheels of Justice turn very slowly, yet also incredibly frustrating. They just get stronger and stronger, as they continue to build on an illegitimate base.

I expect Pep will be moving on around about the time when the rubber hits the road, but we all know the score. Heā€™s obviously a talented coach, but everything achieved at Man City has a huge asterisk. On a human level, I hope that eats away at him. I hope that deep down he knows he isnā€™t as respected as a legitimate manager, like Klopp.

2 Likes

The thing is, he is well respected notwithstanding the ā€˜asteriskā€™ effect. Basically Bielsa with cheat codes.

2 Likes

I think it does. Just listen to his press conferences and the hoops he goes through to justify himself and City as special.

I also laugh at the extra effort he puts in around Klopp. The hand shakes, the extra effort and aggression etc.

1 Like

The problem I have is there is that 18 month delay, and thatā€™s just for the misdemeanors up to 2018. When does the PL start their case for the Pep years? When will that be announced and when will the charges be carried out?

We know that some of the charges in this tranche relate to lack of cooperation up until season 22/23, which is something, but what would the punishment be for that? More a slap on the wrist than retrospectively invalidating their title wins. I want a full investigation over the years that we have been at the top of our game and denied trophies, which we wonā€™t get for half a decadeā€¦at least. Pehaps there wonā€™t be access to that same evidence at all for the Pep years due to City tightening down on data leaks to avoid another Der Spiegel.

While I think Klopp as an overall manager package is better than Pep. Pep does do some things quite well too

Iā€™m aware that heā€™s got the resources and talent to really have 3-4 strategies a season but almost every year , you see him implement something newā€¦
One year , attacking wingbacks ā€¦ The next season , two inverted wingbacks for the midfield overloadā€¦ The other one , starting with 4 CB for defensive shutoutsā€¦

Klopp could do that if he had the liberty to spend even half of what Guardiola gets , but leave aside him and pep , no one else comes close in this generation

3 Likes

I do rate him as a very good manager. But can he take a team to 90+ points a season for 3 seasons running ?

And la liga is a 2 horserace now.

1 Like

We are also doing a bit of that. How Trent and Robbo play has changed over the years, our mixtures of qualities in midfield, now Trent coming inside from full back. Arsenal also doing the same with Zinchenko. Imagine Hodgson fielding 4 CBā€™s these days, heā€™d get murdered by the football public. Football sometimes brings new things and some other things reappear. It depends how you use it.

1 Like