Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

often thought he looked like Crabman…

starting to dislike this thread…

whenever i pop onto TAN and see loads of new posts in this thread,

my first reaction is, YES THE FUCKERS HAVE BEEN FOUND GUILTY!

but instead its another load of posting laughing at them,

I suppose laughing at them do for the now…

2 Likes

They couldn’t reach a verdict I believe in two cases which is very different from not guilty. He was acquitted on the others.

Looks like Kyle Wanker is off to Bayern.

Second assistant gone in a few years. Cancelo out last year, Walker this. Gundogan possibly to follow. Silva angling for a move for a couple of years. Hardly a crisis, but its the sort of turn over of important cogs that you can get right once or twice, but eventually you get one move wrong and are left short. Fingers crossed that’s where their heading this summer

2 Likes

Arteta at Arsenal
Kompany at Burnley
Now the Leicester guy.

Pep prefers to sell/loan his players to his former clubs and clubs with his former players in charge.

No coincidence. It’s a way of enlarging his influence on the game.

1 Like

Good thing that we’re so well prepared to pounce…

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Can’t stand anything whatsoever with these Cheating Fuckers…

1 Like

His argument seems to be that everyone at the club works really hard, and it wouldn’t be fair to tarnish their achievements. Which is a strange argument to make.

I’m sure Lance Armstrong and Ben Johnson didn’t sack off the training when they were necking PEDs. Working hard has nothing to do with whether you cheated or not.

I’m increasingly convinced that they have nothing. There is no defence. So far we have heard about their cast iron evidence, and that has materialised is a moan that it isn’t isn’t fair, and a complaint that the chairman of the panel is an Arsenal fan.

10 Likes

If, after watching them beat the rap with CAS, the Prem then waded in with a flimsy case against Man City, it would be careless in the extreme.

My hope is that the Prem learned from the CAS, so that when 115? Charges were brought, publicly, they had their ducks in a row. While you can never say it is watertight legally, as Man City will try any means possible, it better be near as dammit.

And I think that will be the case.

Hence the bleating Man City are doing. I suspect that all they can do is string it out in the hope that it grinds people down and they start to care less, and/or the trophy haul continues to grow, so their calculus is that the Prem won’t have the balls to take the achievements away.

You know theyre guilty when their defence is largely based on getting a squad of lawyers together to exploit every loophole or delay tactic they can.

Didnt they claim one of the judges was an arsenal fan or something? Meanwhile their own lawyers are arsenal fans.

2 Likes

Even in the CAS case they never made a public defense against the allegations that went beyond saying “we’re innocent.” All their public comments that directly addressed the charges questioned the legality of how the evidence was obtained, which is a reasonable argument in the court of law but is not one that argues for actual innocence

3 Likes

WTF!!!

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1671122704752164865

1 Like

He needs it all to compensate for how ugly he is.

2 Likes

Despite the apparent shock and horror at the eye watering figure, are we surprised? Just another couple of fake sponsorships and the deal is done.

3 Likes

Well it only cost them 60m.

I think that has already been widely reported. I know I was mocking all season the idea he was a cheap signing at 50 million due to his alleged approx 3/4 million a week salary.

2 Likes

Essentially, Haaland signed a free agent deal in all but name. It is one of the underlying tensions of the European game, clubs capture far more of the market value of players as they move them around that would appear sustainable versus the rules of the market. A 22-year old earning 200K a week on a 5-year contract having been sold for 100M doesn’t shock anyone these days, implicit in that is the player capturing only one-third (less if we apply time discounting of value) of the value of that contract.

I have to wonder if Mbappe isn’t going to be the guy who completely breaks that system down. Haaland played inside the rules but secured a larger slice of the pie. Mbappe is not so very far away from not sharing any of the pie with PSG.

3 Likes

Neymar was a big turning point at the time. His transfer record (which he still holds, although might have been broken if there was no Corona; probably Mbappe to Real by now) at the time more than doubled the previous one. Mourinho said at the time that Neymar being the world’s most expensive player isn’t the problem, but that the value of tons of players in the dozen million marks would increase immediately. The previous £20-30m player becoming a £40-50m one or so.

2 Likes

Of course, the Neymar deal still reinforced the idea that the clubs always deserved the lion’s share of the value in a player deal. Barca got ~222M Euros, his contract was going to pay him somewhere around 120M over those contract years.

2 Likes

Ultimately, the transfer fee is to compensate the selling club for the loss of a player’s services. It’s perfectly possible that their existing contract is well below their potential worth to the club.