Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Mahrez 5 goals 11 assists for City last year. Yet, buh bye. He’s never been particularly fast so arguably still near his prime. He’s the type of player that will shine in that league I have no interest in watching.

2 Likes

Kind of good option off the bench but will miss his penalties going into row 20.

A twist on the old philosophy classic: if a player shines in a league that nobody watches, does anyone give a fuck?

6 Likes

In Riyad’s case, at least no one will be able to accuse him of hypocrisy, as he already made the pilgrimage to Mecca in 2017.

5 Likes

Fixed for accuracy

It’s got too many fans

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1684650762578628608?s=20

tainted…

1 Like

If there’s any justice in this world, it’ll be the best stadium in non-league football soon enough.

4 Likes

It’s a bit posh for the likes of Gillingham, Doncaster and Walsall to come and visit, but hopefully they enjoy their day out, beating Man City in the (old money) Fourth Division.

CGI fans

You can spend the most money building the best stadium ever known to mankind but as we know there are some things in life money can’t buy baby, real fans happens to be one….the fans make the stadium baby so to me it’s just a whole load of resources on worthlessness.

I dont know when the quote was made, but there one from Milner talking about how the league win at Liverpool meant more to him than his titles at City. Even accounting for the (covid enforced) lack of crowd when Hendo lifted the championship trophy he said the atmosphere and feeling was better then than his other wins.

My dad posted it on facebook seemingly not understanding that it was a dig at City

3 Likes

This is another face of sports washing. This is a totally unnecessary redevelopment. So, why are they doing it? To oil some influential people with hundreds of millions. And it won’t break any rules.

2 Likes

Equivalent of a penis extension.

It is as though they getting it prepared to host some sort of prestigious final at some future point…
The CL maybe, or something else :person_shrugging:

Yeh, an event that would actually fill the stadium.

“The Saudi Pro League’s financial clout has “changed the market” for transfers and elite clubs “need to be aware of what is happening”, says Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola.”

it certainly has changed the market Pep,
and it not the first time has the market been changed by people from the middle east is it Pep?

4 Likes

Lebron James Lol GIF by Uninterrupted

1 Like

Oh fuck off pep

3 Likes