Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Ribery isn’t pretty, so doggy style is the way to go with him.

:sunglasses:

thinking of organising a whip round to buy Pep a get well soon card and a get well soon gift.

who’s in?

This traffic warden putting Pep a Get Well card on his windscreen - :0)

Matheus Nunes has gone on strike and told Wolves he wants to move to Manchester City.

The shitbag was on strike for most of last season.

1 Like

Wolves should block his move and and don’t pay him, while he refuses to train or play.

4 Likes

I’m glad we avoided him now.

1 Like

Jonathan Wilson with yet another fawning paean to City which doesn’t mention their financial doping.

Yawn.

2 Likes

And while City needed an 88th-minute strike from Rodri to win at Sheffield United on Sunday, they got it. Would Newcastle, who contrived to lose to 10-man Liverpool, have done so? Would Liverpool? Would Manchester United, whose start to the season has been shambolic? And perhaps most pertinently this weekend, given how they squandered points at home to Fulham, would Arsenal?

LOL

Pretty sure the team with the most injury-time winners wears red…

FMD

The funniest part is the stated question…would Liverpool have got it? Well, as you noted in the preceding sentence, 10-man Liverpool scored a later goal to win against Newcastle, a team in the CL…rather than one of the promoted sides with good odds of relegation. Odd take.

6 Likes

‘ChatGPT…write me a 1,000-word literary fellatio of Man Shitty.’

5 Likes

I’m fairly sure Nunez scored the winner in the 93rd minute, which by my calculations is five minutes later than Man City. Also, with ten players against a team who are slightly better than Sheffield Utd. So yes, Liverpool did get it! To answer his question.

2 Likes

When you have a narrative you’re already committed to you can force a way to make pretty much any observation fit it (badly).

1 Like

Oh my how badly written is that.

2 Likes

That’s a very disappointing piece by Wilson. Always thought of him as being one of the more interesting football writers around, but this article is just poor.

3 Likes

Yeah I generally like his books. This is a bit half arsed to be fair.

I’ll say this they’ve faced two relatively easy sides and one tough one at home. I think the jury needs to remain out especially this weekends which seemed rather odd.

Yes it’s tough to go Burnley and Sheffield United but this is the “great Man City”.

Most teams seem to have started as they left of bar say Brighton. Even West Ham ended strongly and have gone into this season on a bit of a jump.

2 Likes

Whatever happened to the old adage that the league table starts to take shape after ten games? After just three games there is such a weighting on who you have played, and whether it has been home or away. Even at ten games, while you get an idea, you still haven’t played all your opponents even once.

Still, let’s go with the massive three game sample.

Away to Chelsea and Newcastle, two of the harder games in the Prem. Ten men so far this season, twice. Fantastic win at Newcastle - let’s see how many they lose at home in the league this season. It won’t be many.

Anyway, Man City are of course the team to beat. But three games in, against a promoted team who will do well to stay up? And only scraping a win 2-1?

Not very much to write home about.

1 Like

90+ point seasons happened. You simply don’t have room anymore to fall behind even in the first few weeks.

7 Likes

It’s who you drop points to.

I’m not worried with 2 away to Chelsea, even a point away to Newcastle would have been ok as it will be a hard place to go.

However with those 3 points sealed it’s important to wrap up the games you would expect to win, that’s where advantages are taken.

If we had both taken points on Sunday, our result would have been the better.

He mentions Liverpool doing it to a top 4 rival. Then asks “would Liverpool do it?” against a newly promoted team? Make it make sense please. :thinking::crazy_face::nerd_face:

Edit, oop! sorry @Arminius & @WooltonRed only just saw your posts saying the same thing. :crazy_face::nerd_face:

1 Like