Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

It can’t be repeated often enough :wink:

3 Likes

Critic - when was the last time Liverpool showed their championship mettle by squeezing out a win like that with a late goal?

Critic - oh, last week. Oh. 93rd minute you say? Figures, LiVARpool and all their added extra time…Am I right?

No you don’t get it. Man City did it, Newcastle gave us it. Very different.

1 Like

No one does. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

No one questions the Chelsea (both, pre and post Abramovich), PSG, Cheaty, Sandcastle, and finally the Saudi league.

2 Likes

I going to wake up one morning (hopefully soon), and see 500 new posts in this thread.

A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth , and you’ll know the debt is paid.

At which point we are doing very well! Two tough away games navigated, seven points on the board.

Man City have benefitted from an easy start and have not really impressed yet.

Edit
I’m not saying to drop loads of points and fall behind, but I am saying that after ten games, you will have a better assessment because all teams will have had some tricky fixtures, as well as easy ones, under their belts.

City always starts seasons slowly before kicking into high gear.

Yeah, that slow start included, what, three wins out of three, one of them against a mega-rich CL side… No one will be surprised if the Cheaters walk the league again, I doubt anyone will care aside from the side(s) that might be close to them in terms of points, like Arsenal last season.

deleted. double post.

5pts is not that close. We were e̶d̶g̶e̶d̶ cheated by 1pt, twiccee!!
Pep-guardiola-twice GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 Likes

I do agree. Newcastle at home is a slightly difficult game but nothing like Newcastle away. Let’s wait and see if this is a 100 point season for City or just a 90 point season, and you can’t really gauge that after 3 results. But in all cases, if we are to have a chance we need to drop very few points this season given we are up against Abu Dhabi.

2 Likes

A snip at a few thousand barrels of oil, 10,000 oppressed women and a brace of gay executions.

2 Likes

So, going on strike appears to have worked for him.

Mmmmm £47m plus an enormous salary for 3 months until de Bruyne is back, only possible with money obtained due to fraud…

Sure. The point is not to agonize over being 2 points back from first after 3 games, but to just acknowledge that the pace is now so hot that you do have to be looking at the table from the get go, even if that still requires context of understanding that 2 of our 3 games have been away to CL challenging sides.

Ultimately the days when no one even published a table until after 6 games were ones in which Liverpool could be 10 points off the top at christmas and still be considered favourites. Those days are gone, even if one off seasons like 15-16 where everone goes off the boil at the same time are theoretically possible.

1 Like

Weird couple of players they’ve gone after. Going to 100m for Paqueta, who has been entirely underwhelming at West Ham - and now 47m on Nunes who has done precisely nothing at Wolves.

Sure they’ll probably play better in better teams but I don’t really see what Man City’s scouts are seeing to make these two their “guys”.

2 Likes

They have some ins and outs and I’m not sure how they compare quantity wise to last season but they surely lost some quality.

The two narrow wins hurt - especially the away game without their manager. Expecting the high scoring wins to return soon.

City winning narrowly is a worry.

City winning by test scores usually leads to a fuck up.

Paqueta was brilliant at the end of last season and Nunes has way more ability than he has displayed so far.

They obviously want someone who can run with the ball, as seen by the Eze links, looks like they’ve picked the right players to me.

Hmm Paqueta hasn’t ever jumped out to me.

We will see with Nunes if he needs game time to improve it could be a massive dud. He didn’t impress me at all at Wolves but that might just be Wolves.