Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Firstly characterising charging cheaty as ‘potentially an extinction event for the EPL’ plays into the hands of citeh. Ditto characterising the charges as ‘a story you can’t take your eyes off’ and the ‘content’ that is most interesting.

Barney knows better but just doesn’t seem to care anymore and his jaded irrelevant opening shows this. At least Marina was usually a little clever with hers. The Graun have far too many crap ‘footballer’ writers

To be honest I think even a closed superleague without the hydrocarbon clubs would now be a better option that what we have. Which is not something I would even have dreamed 10 years ago.

6 Likes

The problem is that a new superleague will include the oil-cheaters, not exclude them. Remember, they were a full part of that first break-away attempt.

4 Likes

I don’t doubt the PL is serious. The problem I matching the punishment to the crime, considering, as you’ve rightly stated, we’re too late here. With the possibility of government interference the real fear is they don’t get a proportionate level of punishment.

I’m honestly waiting for the first MP to come out and say, “it’s just a game”.

1 Like

If the punishment is insufficient, and it prompts a new thing to emerge, it doesn’t follow for me that oil/nation state clubs will be invited to participate in the new thing.

If the rationale for the new thing is cheating, or perhaps government interference in the game if that’s how it pans out, due to the influence that nation state clubs wield, then I could easily see the drawbridge being pulled up on the oil clubs.

I do half wonder if the ultimate end of all this will be two main leagues, and the Saudis will scoop up all the cheats. Their league will have more of the appearance of exhibition games, and will be what the Harlem Globetrotters might be to real basketball.

Meanwhile, I see a real powerhouse European league emerging, only more thought out than the iteration previously suggested, to include promotion and relegation. Quite possibly it will run concurrently with the domestic leagues, so the football pyramid still functions, and teams below can aspire to get there.

Man City and Newcastle will be excluded, quite possibly Chelsea too.

1 Like

That makes it sound like a charitable donation, it’s not, it’s a business investment that both parties should benefit financially. Does it provide some influence? Maybe, just not that much.

If you have a cynical mindset, then I understand your thinking.

Sweet summer child.

As I said if they all fucked off to Saudi and played in a world super league with the likes of PSG they wouldn’t be missed.

4 Likes

1 Like

Yeah, that was a poor decision. I wish it ultimately led to Liverpool winning the Premier League this season, with Man City second by a point. That said, Arsenal seem to be right in the mix this time but one can dream, eh?

1 Like

Cant believe City are bringing the game into disrepute like this and undermining the officials.

No? No one is actually saying this when they complain?

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/ArsenalAnoop/status/1731388252584661306?t=gWnkzfQmkyr99jx4kXpDGA&s=19

Cope harder, you big ugly cunt.

5 Likes

Still a very long season but looks like a three horse race.

City are missing Gündogan and KDB. Not sure if KDB returning from his injury will be enough to find their usual stability. Might bring in someone in January.

Arsenal remind me of Dortmund. Talented squad and very good at bullying the ‘weaker’ teams at home but mentality will cost them in the end.

We have some problems away from home but even at Anfield performances haven’t been title worthy. If that continues we will sooner or later find ourselves in a battle to qualify to Top4 and not in a title race.
Injuries are also a concern.
Guess next week will show what kind of season it’s going to be.

1 Like

Keep going …that’ll be a £10k fine demeaning the officials…and u were lucky to be on the pitch…if I were u matey boy I’d watch out…I would say the mask is slipping…but what would we get next

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

https://twitter.com/centregoals/status/1731381109311615297?t=Cx_gsAIk07YoqBT1_LRv_A&s=19

That deserves at least a 3 match ban.

2 Likes

The fucking state of him.

Hilarious stuff.

1 Like

But they won’t…he’s a golden boy…

1 Like

It’s a disgrace!

:joy: