Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Someone accidentally spilled the beluga spunk into the wrong test tube?

1 Like
2 Likes

https://imgur.com/gallery/ITw6xRO

This would make sense if true. Sadly though, refs donā€™t speak to the media so no way of knowing for sure

3 Likes

Lineker mentioned it on his podcast and he wondered if the ref just didnā€™t register that a City player was there.

One thing I was wondering is why are both teams playing in near identically shaded shirts?

I have tritonopia which is a form of colour-blindness whereby I have difficulty telling short-wavelength colours apart (typically anything beyond green in the rainbow). Iā€™ve complained about some of our change kits before. Itā€™s difficult for me to tell those shirts apart at a quick glance.

It strikes me that the kit designers are causing problems like these with their pastel colours and camouflage designs.

3 Likes

I looked at that Spurs kit and nearly puked.

2 Likes

Worst kit colour I ever saw.

Like one of those ultracold, ultra minimalist pieces of furniture.

I guess the name of that shade is: depression.

When was our peach kit?

FA statement on Haaland:

"An inquiry into the unacceptable conduct by Erling Haaland in the 3-3 draw with Tottenham Hotspur has been held.

Following remonstrations with referee Simon Hooper, the Manchester City player subsequently tweeted ā€˜Wtfā€™ in response to a video of the passage of play. The Premier League take such actions extremely seriously and have thus decided to dock Everton 5 points."

3 Likes

You bastardā€¦

You had me right until the last three words!

5 Likes

Ill Allow It GIF

2 Likes

One thing I havenā€™t seen anyone mention is how close to the end of the game it was. I wonder if he was putting pressure on himself to not waste what little time there was left with a sequence he didnt think was an advantage. Could trying to help city out be what ended up fucking them?

3 Likes

Iā€™m confused by that one, this video shows the play itself.

1 Like

It would be interesting to see an end view so there was some way to see the refs viewpoint at that time. I have to say that the kit colours look better in that clip.

1 Like

Poor decision to pull it back but if you watch that first angle it looks clear the left back is in position to get back and make a challenge. Not defending a poor bit of a refereeing but I donā€™t think Grealish is getting the 1-on-1.

If it was Doku tearing through the middle I may think they have a point but Grealish is pretty slow in the open field.

2 Likes

I still donā€™t understand why he called it back in the first place. should have let it play out as he did motion for advantageā€¦ Unless we donā€™t see something, like when Haaland went down did he look at Hooper to call the play dead and only raged when he made the miracle pass.

if Hooper lets it play and Haaland fluffs the pass, does he rage for not calling the foul right away? Answer is probably YES.

1 Like

Hooper made some kind of mistake, that is clear. Just a matter of parsing which one of the possible set. He definitely signaled advantage, but it looks like he lifted the whistle to his mouth right before that. Maybe it is as simple as he changed his mind to give advantage too late, made a weak whistle noise, then realized he had no choice but to stop play?

1 Like

If they miss out on the league by a point they should sue the PGMOL. Totally egregious decision.

So that makes it 4 points to Spurs with the compliments of Hooper ā€¦

1 Like

The injustice still riling this lot upā€¦just watched back the replay and still dont see where they ruled a legitimate goal out? Apparantly on par with the diaz one.

1 Like