Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

The whistle came while the ball was in the air so evidently Hooper actioned to blow as the ball left Haaland.

As said Grealish is ahead of three Spurs players but it’s not guaranteed that he would be able to run straight through on goal.

There doesn’t have to be guarantee what happens in the next seconds with Grealish, it was a shit decision. There’s bodies around/behind and the pace factor, but there’s also body strength, mistakes, trickery, etc. Ref cannot judge all of that, he should’ve stuck with his right, initial decision.

1 Like

We inevitably judge refereeing decisions by what we see from our sofas and after numerous replays from different angles. We ignore the fact that the view from our sofa is always far better than what the referee sees. It could just be that his view of Grealish was obscured and he saw 3 defenders closing in on him and judged there to be no advantage. We seek perfection and it doesn’t exist…

3 Likes

Which is why we have VAR. And then they fuck up that…

3 Likes

Except VAR could have no part to play in that scenario…

1 Like

It does make it even more inexplicable that he didn’t just leave it.

1 Like

They can come back when they’ve had an injustice like that offside this is a ten a penny decision I’ve seen numerous times.

We’ve had it against them.

#istandwithcarraonthisone

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1732204449945235475?t=EdApMVmfTdHQYQl7va1-Aw&s=19

11 Likes

Brilliant response by Carra. :clap:

3 Likes

Man City dropped points, which was a bonus for us.

Cyxrovd

4 Likes

City have only won 3 of their last 9 league games. 3 draws and 3 losses.

3 Likes

The team reaching that burnout stage with Guardiola? He has never stayed anywhere this long.

I am just watching the Villa-City match now, and it is a really impressive performance by Villa. Defensively, they are really making City’s possession futile. They switch back and forth seamlessly between a compact low block and pressing high, and City don’t seem to know which defence to attack and when. When they get the ball back virtually every time they generate some kind of threat. Considering the difference in talent levels, Emery is doing a spectacular job. The 3 points we picked up against them at Anfield are looking better and better.

6 Likes

Who would have thought a few years back that Emery might be one of the most impressive managers in the PL?

2 Likes

Is Pep a mere mortal when he is without a couple of world class players? mmmmm

1 Like

They seem thrash without Rodri? Didn’t see the game but that looks like a pattern.

1 Like

He’s always been an impressive coach/manager. Perhaps he lacked a bit of experience with Arsenal/ English game - and they in return a lack of respect?

He rubbed players up the wrong way with some of his approaches in training. He may have tempered that a bit now, or Villa may simply be more open and appreciative to him.

Before going to Arsenal, I think he had been one of our targets at one point - but not sure how reliable that talk was.

6 Likes

He also followed a manager that had been at the club for 20 years and had split the fanbase by the end so had a lack of unity in the club, both between the board and fans but also within the fanbase.

That job at the time was always a poisoned chalice

3 Likes

He has also still in the early days.

We’ve talked about how managers manage adversity.

imacelebau ocd GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

They conceded 8 in their last 3 league games with him as well.

Yesterday looked like the point at which the experimentation with defenders where they shouldn’t be reached its breaking point. They started the game with 6 natural defenders, including both of the “midfield” two. Its notable that while the other games they got hurt mostly by smash and grab type sequences, last night they were legitimately out played.

1 Like