Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I thought the tackle by Shaw on Konate was a bad one

Article I read today - How City Can Use their CWC Form to Fuel a Title Run

Form? They’ve played 1 game. Against a Japanese side they’d be expected to beat with their youth side.

4 Likes

Pep will make it sounds like some mega huge achievement when they most likely go on to win it against Fluminese. Bet he mentions us too in the same breath, cos we won it.

Urawa Red Diamonds still have more history than City can ever achieve.

5 Likes

Hope Fluminence beat them,

Then we sign Andre who helps us win the league!

1 Like

The 21/22 game at Anfield still gives me nightmares.

Waltzing past Fabinho and Henderson all game like they were traffic cones.

3 Likes

Do you think they counted the m covered when Mo was carrying him around his chest like a baby monkey?

Rodri injured.

happy rob lowe GIF

1 Like

with oil money…

https://x.com/ManCity/status/1738286525194940917?s=20

without oil money…

5 Likes

To be fair, that was back when Boro had that guy who could hit the ball into a bin at will.

3 Likes

City were funded by Shinawatra in that 8-1 season weren’t they? They’d actually been good that year, by their standards of the time. Hell of a way to end a season though.

1 Like

But Liverpool won 5 in one calendar year in 2001…

And for those at the BBC who think the Community Shield is not a trophy - The FA’s own website calls it “an annual trophy”.

Just cherry picking nonsense to make City fans feel special.

7 Likes

nobody cares.

it must be an awful feeling to be a citeh fan and pretend it means something…

youve clocked the game, youve quite litterally found a cheat code to football…and the result is lots of silver…and no real emotion…even my city loving friends seem remotely embarrased to discuss football

weirdly enough…for all the silverware they are racking up, does anyone here know when they hit the magic ‘40 pieces of silver’ mark?

3 Likes

Other fans’ emotions… do we pretend to know all about it?

maybe not their emotions particularily, becuase i can t even vouch for LFC fans emotions…but just a general maliase…

just a general feeling…

no one really cares.

i know a few city fans…even theyve stopped being cocky and giving it …

the whole thing is just…meh…

2 Likes

Meh is the perfect description.

4 Likes

Yes, had they won the Community Shield this year, you absolutely know this would have been them “making history” as the first club to win six in a year.

2 Likes

You spelt “Who gives a flying fuck” wrong.

2 Likes

I also know a couple of City fans, season ticket holders for many years and they both will readily admit they preferred being a Division 1 club.

They gained trophies but they lost a lot more than that. Its why they reminisce about Shaun Goater and Maine Road.

Once the intial shine of being successful wore off I am sure it all began to feel a bit hollow. And their fanbase has become noticeably more toxic as it has expanded - they don’t really seem like they ever have fun. When they win the emotion seems to be defensive and more of a “fuck you” to everyone that hates them (probably because deep down they know the criticism has merit), than a genuine display of pride or happiness.

6 Likes