Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Too many letters, wasted effort.

Being honest I didn’t even know they were playing for that trophy.

Sadly common across football now.

4 Likes

That is true, I’ve certainly called people out on here for not being happy even when we win.

5 Likes

Some of them probably dont see that because they only post here when we fail to win :rofl:

And during transfer period :wink:

1 Like

I swear they’re fellating City so much I wonder if it’s government instruction.

Most press is PR releases.

The stuff seems as genuine as that visit Qatar advert I saw during half time of the Man Utd match.

In its own way, indifference is another punishment.

They should be feted by all and sundry, but even their own fans aren’t fully enjoying it. The emotion isn’t there. Why is that?

The whole world knows why. They have cheated their way to it all.

All that remains to be seen is whether the rules are enforced and the punishment is meaningful.

Edit
And when all is said and done, Guardiola will know that the best part of his career was meaningless.

I think the guilty verdict or whatever you want to call it is key here. He’ll just double down as he’s always done otherwise.

If he had any morals he would have gone after the uefa verdict.

Let his legacy be 35 oil funded full backs

3 Likes

Job done, so does that mean you’ll fuck off at the end of the season and send your cheating mob back into the footballing obscurity they were 13 years ago you coked up cheating fraud?

3 Likes

Write another book?

More like buy another book. The only thing they’ll be writing is more cheques.

2 Likes

Suggested titles

“Sports Washing for Dummies”
“Creative accounting in professional sport”
“The guide to off shore accounting”
“The art of lying and doubling down”
“How to amass wealth in full back assets”

2 Likes

How to make successful clubs even more successful with unlimited funds.

1 Like

Pundits need to keep mentioning the charges hanging over them, as it gives crucial context. As Liverpool fans we are pretty well informed about what’s what. The shocking aspect for me is that there are lots of newby fans who aren’t really aware, or worse, don’t care.

When Guardiola had a pop at Jamie Carragher for not winning the league at Liverpool, Carra gave the best response I’ve seen from anyone in the media;

“I think I’d have probably won one if Liverpool were owned by a nation state, and pushed the rules so far that the PL charged us 115 times!”

Guardiola immediately shut his mouth, because Carragher’s concise take down, focusing on the most important thing, the ONLY thing worth noting about Man City, is a narrative they desperately want to avoid.

This is why he’s now talking about writing another book, because the last one is closed.

No Pep, the last book is NOT closed, and we are not moving on, because the legitimacy of what you achieved is vehemently contested.

115 charges.

And those charges are only based on a partial record, because Man City have not cooperated with the authorities for years. Anything they have provided has been late, redacted, and carefully designed to obfuscate the truth of what they’ve been doing.

Cheats.

11 Likes

I don’t care about allegations of being a conspiracy theorist. Call it what you like.
Citeh this season have benefited from ref decisions anywhere from 4 to 7 points, And when you take into account how many decisions have gone against us, Arsenal and Villa, the gap ahead of Citeh would be another 3-6 points.

They are either arranging for ref decisions to go their way, or their animated, organized and Pep-prescribed “demonstrations” during the course of play (instantly circling the ref) are rewarded and never penalized. See yesterday’s thuggish behavior that awarded them the penalty.

The value of the PL is at risk, and investors and powerful stakeholders will eventually realize what this means to their pockets.

1 Like

Well we know they cheated, they only got away with the UEFA charges because they delayed them and it timed out.

1 Like

One important aspect of this is that Premier League referees, going to Abu Dhabi, seems dead wrong. (I’m not sure if refs have gone to Saudi yet, but if not, presumably it is coming).

Why is it wrong? Because the nation and the Premier League team are inextricably intertwined.

So you can’t take a well paid gig from the nation, while at the same time claim to be above reproach in regard to how impartially you treat its Premier League team.

I haven’t got a clue on the sums involved, but a Premier League ref is well paid, but only at the sort of level of someone doing well in a ‘normal’ profession. They aren’t making millions, like so many others in the game. Rightly so I might add.

However, that makes them partial to 2-3 day stints in the sunshine to referee a game, or put on a refereeing clinic or whatever, and it is not hard to imagine that it would massively alter their annual income.

The rules need to catch up with this practice as it doesn’t pass muster.

The refs will argue for freedom of employment and movement. But in response the game must find a way to better protect its integrity.

10 Likes

I’m tempted to close this thread just to open a new one that leads with this post.

1 Like

Exactly!

Why isn’t there an outcry over this. It’s clearly a conflict of interests at least.

Refs should only work in one country and for internationals.

2 Likes

They are classed as self employed contractors which allows them to go where they want.