Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Love the new title

Mester wilkored08 just offered to make a cuppaā€¦:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Regarding your last point, the Gakpo goal and none foul by Nunez.

This is the issue the onfield ref gives a foul the VAR says no clear an obvious error, when there is, this is when the ref should go to the monitor so he can see the error and in this and many cases he isnā€™t having the last decision.

2 Likes

Same with Elliots disallowed goal against Burnley. Now I can understand why it wasnā€™t given and the process etc. but was it really the refs call or VAR just saying Salah was offside?

Anyway, wrong thread.

As with all offside calls where the decision is based on a judgement of interfering with play, it required the ref to be called to the monitor to see if he wanted to override his own decision. All var was used for was a tool to identify something the officials missed

Yes agreed. I also agree with you regarding that decision, the only bit that bugs me about it is that the review was done alongside the referee. As far as we know the on field officials were not part of that process.

Just a nod was given to confirm that Salah was in an offside position. As far as we know the push that put him there was ignored. So Iā€™m asking if the on field referee actually knew about it and whether they may have thought differently had they been aware of it.

Thatā€™s what I donā€™t like about it. Yes, itā€™s a judgement call but that call is made by one person miles away and separate to the on field officiating. Itā€™s the same problem with England and Hoopers screw up which then sent Hooper into a spiral that really makes me question his impartiality.

BBC News has a hagiography called Haaland: Made in Norway currently available. Lots of people from his background fawning over him, as well as interviews with the man himself.

Iā€™m sure that heā€™s a lovely bloke, but heā€™s still a sportswashing cheat.

2 Likes

1 Like

fify

Quite right too. I imagine most of them got some kind of kickback when he moved to City.

So apparently Forest may have done something improper over loaning Shelvey rather than cancelling his contractā€¦
But also, ā€œthe club are at risk of a potential points deduction if they are found to have breached the Premier Leagueā€™s profitability and sustainability rules. Forest will be informed later this month if any charges are to be brought against them.ā€

So I can just see how cheaty are playing this - every other club can be found guilty and punished while they are just allowed to obfuscate and delay so Pep can use their cheating to ā€˜winā€™ lots of ā€˜tittlesā€™.

To fair one is 115 cases the other is one.

1 Like

4 Likes

I actually liked Asahi beer.

And i love seeing City being taken to the cleaners, every little helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

They might agree to make Grealish wear an Asahi t-shirt every time he goes on the piss.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had my suspicions about this.
Upsetting the Arab states is potential damage to the economy that the goverment might want to avoid strongly enough to get involved in their case.

Iā€™ve usually preferred other Japanese beers such as those by Kirin and Sapporo over Asahi but its the one you are most likely to find in England.

I like them all, tbh. Asahi is very light and different to Sapporo. Kirin slightly more bitter to me, but still good.

1 Like

When I first became aware of Superdry the clothing brand, I was amazed that they were able to get away with using that name. Surely Asahi should be suing them, I thought. So itā€™s pretty ironic that Superdry are now suing to protect their brand.

I have a mate here who absolutely detests Asahi Super Dry. We almost had to change the venue for our year-end booze up because the only draft beer in the place we had chosen was ASD. Thankfully, they had the far superior Sapporo Black Label in bottles so he was happy with that.

I know this is going off topic, but any beer connoisseurs out there could do worse than to seek out Sapporoā€™s Yebisu range of beers. The standard Yebisu is generally thought to be Japanā€™s best beer.