Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Here’s the benchmark.

Anything less severe is unacceptable.

3 Likes

That’s where they belong anyway to be fair.

1 Like

Relegation to national football league , lowest tier of English football with a no promotion clause for four years.

Banned from selling players except those leaving on free.

Banned from buying players.

Watch the Arabs fuck right off and then watch the club die.

Too much to hope for , nope. This is the barely accepted minimum.

5 Likes

If they were relegated to league 2 which is what Scotland did with Rangers then they will leave soon enough.

I think I’d accept that.

If the titles are stripped I’d probably not care if they were allocated it would be a stain on the PL and FA that they allowed it to happen. Gerrard would however get his medal which would fuck Chelsea fan song book over.

4 Likes

What will make or break this will not only be the millions put in defence for that case, but the links between these lot and the UK government.

There was a guy on FM23 ran 100 simulations involving Citeh getting kicked out of the Prem.

With the FFP that the football leagur has in place, in the simulations they failed all ffp tests in each of the 100 simulations and ended up in non league.

Fixed

1 Like

There is a bit of trouble to be fair

What’s going to happen is that they are going to come down tough on Everton and Forest, the rules are going to get changed and after that date is when City will get examined.

They will get a slap on the wrists and the PL just enough show that they don’t need oversight and they are tough on corruption.

Of all of this, what’s most shocking is the lack of involvement by HMRC, which suggests more political agendas.

2 Likes

That’s what you “think” is going to happen but the issue with that is you can see Everton and Forest both then going to the courts to sue due to loss of earnings.

There will have to a punishment if found guilty, they might get away with on a technicality as they always do but if they are found guilty they won’t turn around and slap their wrists. One thing all these MPs moaning about Everton creates is pressure for them to do more of this when a club is found guilty.

Only way a slap of the wrist happens is if it also happens to Forest and Everton.

1 Like

A Labour Government might want to win some brownie points by taking a stand

1 Like

I think the Cheaters will be given a huge fine and point deduction. The fine would still be peanuts for them while the point deductions will cost them the league title this season and CL participation next season.

The PL/FA will claim that they aren’t afraid of standing up against mighty institutions while the Cheaters will claim themselves to be cleansed.

2 Likes

i’d like to think that would change if Man City are found guilty

1 Like

You’ve got it all wrong: football and politics are completely separate entities.

Major global tournaments are awarded to the most deserving candidates and trophies are won by the best teams, with no “behind the scenes” intervention in either case.

1 Like

https://x.com/russellscott1/status/1748830882511896769?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

:thinking:

4 Likes

4 Likes

I really hope your first bit is wrong. If the PL roll over, even just an inch, every club and fan might as well just pack their bags and walk away. I honestly believe it’s that serious. In fact I honestly can’t imagine a punishment serious enough to account for what they’ve done.

Even now I look at La Liga and watching history repeat itself.

2 Likes

I hope they get hammered to such a degree, that while they still proclaim their innocence until the end… they decide to sell up and leave the PL and the UK as the only way they can save face on the global stage

1 Like

Ministers think it’s not in the public interest

A minister is a public servant. Cheaters are a public entity. I’m sure whatever they discussed involved public interest.

:blush:

5 Likes

Does anybody know whether this case is on course now to be decided before the end of the season , and hence any pts deduction will be for this year ?

I seem to recall that the last leak of information , prior to this most recent one , was saying they were on course to hear it next autumn.