Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Not only that, but to say that the running of the most popular sport in the country isn’t in the public interest is a bit far fetched.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JC19193/status/1748989997061939319?t=gnEu0ivET_3xXc7PvW23TA&s=19

:rofl:

2 Likes

I assume they retain an interest but are waiting to see the outcome from this investigation first before launching anything official. This way, as they’ll have limited resources to do their own investigation they can see what evidence comes into the public sphere first.

5 Likes

Of course it was.

Nah, he misspelled “light”.

2 Likes

He knew but still allowed UEFA to go easy on them and didn’t attempt to relitigate even when more of their lies came to light. A shithouse of the highest order.

1 Like

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

What’s going on under her right arm there?

2/10. Would not bang. Next.

That is sort of what happens when you lose at the highest level of appeal, in this case CAS. The insane thing is that those additional lies don’t constitute a basis for an appeal, because the CAS judgement fully acknowledged the dishonesty and obstruction of City’s defence.

2 Likes

Meantime they’re more than happy hounding little poor people

Guardiola taking offence at Ceferin saying UEFA was right to sanction City.

News flash Pep, the UEFA-CAS proceeding is over. The fact that City is guilty is not in dispute. CAS did not set that finding aside, they set aside the sanction. Ceferin is well within his rights to say they were right to sanction City, even if CAS decided to set aside the sanction because it took too long to be put in place.

8 Likes

Pep Guardiola has told Aleksander Ceferin to “respect the procedure” in response to the Uefa president’s comments regarding Manchester City alleged Financial Fair Play breaches.

And your employers should respect the FFP rules!

10 Likes

Fixed

LOL, I hadn’t realized this, but Girona winning la liga could potentially bar city from the CL next season. We’ve seen UEFA have a pretty weak enforcement of related clubs not being allowed to play against each other, but the way City does it is so tight and official that there is no way to untangle them. So, only one can qualify next year. The way UEFA determine which of the related clubs get in is based on who finishers higher in their league, so if Girona win their league City will be barred form the CL unless they win ours (and then get the spot over Girona due to a higher UEFA coefficient).

Is this the only reason to now cheer on Girona?

2 Likes

one of my friends is a local club president with 2500 registered players, and is just now making her first trip to Europe (work related). is taking in Atletico v Girona in April.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

2 Likes

Must work for Chelsea.

2 Likes

no, it’s a local club. with the huge amount of youth participation here it’s not really surprising that you can have 2500 players in one club. But that club goes all the way from U-4 to Masters Over-45 teams

1 Like